Question on Donations By Credit and Debit Card

by lurker 14 Replies latest jw friends

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

I was sort of in disbelief when I started hearing on this website that there would be credit-card and debit-card donation arrangements. I am here to verify that this is actually true. I saw it with my own eyes at the Disctrict Convention this weekend.

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

Donations made by credit cards were accepted June 24-26, 2011 at the district convention in Memphis, TN, U.S.

This was a new arrangement for some of the attendees. A couple of them I spoke with did not like the WT accepting credit cards.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Quick question, did anyone here happen to see them at the LJVM Coliseum in NC?

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

A friend of Clydes is an UBM of a very "spiritual" sister" an has gone with his wife for years to assemblies to keep the peace. He said he was shocked when they announced that the friends could donate by debit or credit card now. That was in Toledo, Ohio.

• recovering
    recovering

hmm interesting ,What would Jesus think about these money changing/lending machines in God's house ?

[Jesus] made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.

John 2:15

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit