Stupid Illustration

by EmptyInside 19 Replies latest jw friends

• bobld
    bobld

Crowbar jail is ok for criminals I suppose some jw need to be put in crowbar jail or cages.You know which ones.

B

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That cage might protect a bird, but it will severely limit what it can be. It is better to manage the dangers in the home, allowing the bird to be more free, than to restrict it to its cage. Usually, those birds are equipped to take care of themselves in the wild, and if allowed to do so, they are as likely to live a nice long life.

Now, it might be that some bird owners take excellent care of their birds. A bird, unlike a human, cannot do its thinking. So, in very competent hands, that bird might be better off in the cage and properly taken care of rather than in the wild. But, if the bird's owner is anywhere near as "competent(??)" at taking care of the bird as Jehovah is at taking care of his people, then the bird would always be better off somewhere else.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I heard another version of it - that we were in a jungle, and if we heard a lion roar and then saw a cage, we would run and lock ourselves in and be happy for the restrictions.

• carla
    carla

I found he's much happier and less moody since I adopted the open cage policy.--

• marcopolo
    marcopolo

the wts use stupid illustrations, want with this to show that to close in the jail is fond protective, as cage that protects us from the sharks, or look through in the garbage looking for truth. all to discourage to look out at the wts

• streets76
    streets76

A JW with an imagination would have made the cage in the illustration a shark cage.

But what can you expect from a brain-dead JW after hours and hours and hours of mind-numbing meetings?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Aren't they all stupid?

• mamalove
    mamalove

Shaking my head here.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

What if you were starving for food, and were being held in a cage? The food was on a table right outside of the cage, and the key was within your reach. Would you use the key to open your cage to get the needed food before you starve to death? Isn't that what JWs are doing? Freedom is within their reach, but their captivity is self imposed.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

yes, that is a good illustration brotherdan.

And the shark cage would have been a better illustration,then,old tweety in a cage. It reminds me of the poem by Maya Angelou, "I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings". It's rather a sad poem, I think about the bird longing for freedom. Sort,of, how I felt when I first started posting here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit