Stupid Illustration

by EmptyInside 19 Replies latest jw friends

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

A Witness related an illustration they heard at an assembly. And sadly,they thought it was so profound.

It was brought out how some young people feel the restrictions of the "truth" cage them in. But, just think of what protection that cage is to a little ,yellow canary. lol.

I'm sorry but birds were meant to fly free! (No offense to those who have birds as pets.)

But, I thought this illustration was waaaaay off.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

My circuit has their assembly today. And guess who is missing. Well, I can't wait to hear more lovely, profound illustrations.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

This illustration was related in a convention talk a couple of years ago that I attended ... I believe the talk was called something on the order of "Beware of the Trap of the Birdcatcher" ... I ate it up and remember repeating it to others, the cage was for our own good, HA HA, I was thinking about this just a few days ago how stupid it is, I was looking at our bird in its cage, and sure, when he is in there he is protected from our cat, but should he have ever been held captive in the first place?

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

Think of it. It's a perfect illustration. A bird in a cage is totally dependent on the owner of the cage for food, water, cleaning of the cage, etc. There is nothing it is allowed to see except what is set before it.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Maybe the governing body should be kept in jail for their own protection.

My bird's cage is always open except at night when he's sleeping. My livingroom is his domain, and my furniture has the scars to prove it. I found he's much happier and less moody since I adopted the open cage policy.

W

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Maybe the governing body should be kept in jail for their own protection "

I'm ROFL FF

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

what about the canary in the mine

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Nancy, that canary is free to fly...until the methane gas gets him!!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I'm sorry but birds were meant to fly free!

Not true in all cases. Ostriches stick their heads in the sand, LOL!

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

What they don't understand is the birdcatcher is all in their own minds.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit