I just finished Crisis of Conscience today....

by dontplaceliterature 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    PSacramento, How does your view pair with the scriptures in Ecclesiasties and Psalms about the condition of the dead - "conscience of nothing" ... "in that day their thoughts do perish"....etc....?

Under the context of which ECC was written it makes sense that the writer had such a dark and negative view of things, and as we read the OT and go into the NT, we see a "progression" even an "enlightenment" in understanding about the nature of death and lifer after death and life after lifer after death.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Your wish came true during the Annual Meeting of the Watchtower 2012, should the Watchtower come to JWN for "new-lite"? It seems the friends here are one step ahead of the Org, possibly two steps?

"

On page 382 regarding "The Anointed Class":

"Outside of the [Governing] Body, being of the "anointed" counts for nothing as to becoming an elder, a traveling overseer, member of a Branch Committee, or holding any other organizational position."

I have always recognized this to be the case. It's funny that The Watchtower officially teaches that it is the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" that is appointed over the "domestics," and that this title represents all within the annointed class. Unless I am in error. Yet, indiviual "annointed" brother have no more authority or "say" than the average Joe. That makes the whole doctrine of "Faithful and Discreet Slave = Annointed" kind of pointless. They should just change the teaching to "The Faithful and Discreet Slave = The Governing Body."

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Thanks for bumping, AA. I had forgotten that I wrote that.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Hey DPL is a True Prophet ! can you pick my lottery numbers this week, please ?

• FWFranz
    FWFranz

Ray's book "Crisis of Conscience" was the book that started my journey out of the WT mindset. Personally, I think Ray did a superb job. That book caused me to dive into intensive research into the early days of the WTS. I saw after awhile that the Proclaimers book was indeed a white washed history of the organization. I realized that if the WTS had included ALL of their early history in the Proclaimers book, that next to no one would have faith in them as God's end time prophet. I must also thank Ray for helping many of us not to lose faith even if our conclusions about the WT where quite disappointing.

FWFranz

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

F.W is this a case of Nepotism ?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    dontplaceliterature - "The scriptures that indicate that heaven will possibly be on Earth."

Oh, baby; I know what that's worth!

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Hey DPL is a True Prophet ! can you pick my lottery numbers this week, please ?

You caught me. I am the REAL Faithful And Descrete Slave.

• FWFranz
    FWFranz

Hi Phizzy

Please elaborate, as I am not exactly sure in what way this is nepotism.

FWFranz

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I presumed Ray was your nephew. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit