Does God Create Evil?

by rvalich 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

*gently takes brotherdan by the hand*

come away from here darlin and go kiss the monkey on your Namby Pamby thread

• The Finger
    The Finger

God_Delusion

Is God (if he exists) everything? Can you be finite and infinite?

If you are finite can you truly understand infinite? If you can't. Then can you say God doesnt exist?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

No offense anymore, poopsie! I just said my piece for anyone that wanted to know what the bible said about the issue. I don't care if it's believed or not. I'm staying friends with everyone. And maybe I will make out with the monkey too... Who knows?

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I was more worried about your blood pressure, brotherdan!

• shamus100
    shamus100

Poopsie,

It happened again! He scared me when he tried to kiss me, and I couldn't help myself... I"m so sorry... I"m leaving this place again, and not coming back. The zookeeper will come and get me again. I must flee...

But until we meet again, in paradise, I shall always love you and think of you - think of you having me living outside your house forever, cleaning up my shit. ;D Paradise will be grande! :D :D :D

Goodbye, sweet kitten - I must leave now, I hear the dogs barking int he distance! :*(

• poopsiecakes
  • Sharpie
    Sharpie

There are dozens of places where God or Jehovah does evil. Here's one.

1 Samuel 18:10 New International Version (©1984)
    The next day an evil spirit from God came forcefully upon Saul. He was prophesying in his house, while David was playing the harp, as he usually did. Saul had a spear in his hand

Saul never attacked David... just like how Satan puppeted the snake, Jehovah through Saul tried to attack David...

Think of it that way.

• man in black
  • Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

If God creates all things, then one cannot escape the fact that he creates evil. The Christian response has always been that God creates only good, but becasue of free agency, good can morph into evil. But if one postulates that some things are eternal (uncreated), then evil becomes a force that contends with God.

The book of Job shows God and Satan in an adversarial relationship, but occupying areas common to both. This is one reason I believe it to be an allegorical text and not historic.

I believe some things are eternal -- as eternal as God, Himself. Only in our present world are there beginnings and endings. To think of God as being the ONLY thing existing for trillions and trillions of years is unthinkable. What did He do? The Cosmos is full of eternal things. Even this Universe had a beginning. But who's to say that there aren't trillions of other "universes" out there beyond our present one?

One ancient writing really impressed me when I first heard about it from a professor of ancient scripture. It came from a non-canonical writing and it stated: "Everything is a system in the midst of like systems." God is eternal and His creations are eternal. If there's one atom, you can bet there's another. If there's a planet, solar system, galaxy or yes, even universe, you can bet there are others.

Jesus said to the Father regarding the Twelve: "...that they may be ONE even as WE are ONE." Thus when we speak of "God," are we talking about one or many? If God is a plural term (Elohim, as in Genesis), we can understand the term, "Man has become as one of us, knowing good from evil." Thus God can be a plural singular, just as "family" and "quorum" are plural singulars. It's in the Bible, and most of the religionists have missed it.

God said to Isaiah (Chapter 44) that beside Him there was no God. Yet we know that Jesus was divine, and that He was God. Psalms 110:1-2 states: "The LORD saith unto my Lord, sit thou at my right hand til thine enemies become thy footstool." Who was David's Lord? Jehovah! Thus, the Father was speaking to Jehovah, later known as Jesus, the Mediator between God and Man. When Jehovah has finished His work, He will present it back to the Father, glorified and redeemed.

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

Need we say more?

3Mozzies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit