End of the World in May makes a JW laugh...

by undercover 27 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

There have been literally hundreds of predictions made over the centuries about an alleged " end of the world " and from what I hear this nutcase predicting the end in May had a failed prediction come and go in the 1990's according to the news media. But you did a great job driving the point home to the JW about the witnesses doing the same thing. Well handled ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• OBVES
    OBVES

Even if it happens as he says I wonder what is going to happen to him . He teaches Jesus is God the Father . He wrongly teaches Sunday now is the Sabbath day alone .He had been teaching literal hell for more than 40 years in a way like no other Bible preacher .And he was teaching to compare Scriptures with the Scriptures while teaching hot hell .After the end of the church era he teaches now he was still teaching hot hell in 2007 and he spoke already about 2011 back then.

The International Bible Students and Jehovah's Witnesses were teaching there was no hot hell from the outset of their existence !

The damage done by Harold Camping is huge . If he is wrong on May 21 ,2011 he is finished off completely as he is 100% certain of that date.

The date September 29,2011 is a reasonable approach to the endtime predictions as I see them as the attempts to conquer the summit of a mountain that is almost inaccessable . On understanding what is hell where we had only one of two choices most religions , preachers were dead wrong; so how about with setting forth dates for Jesus' return as we may have scores of them !? It was impossible humanly speaking to come with one good prediction ,which I mean was well based on the Bible. It cannot be just a guess of course it must have a root in the Bible.

It turns out that this new prediction for September 29,2011 is the best ever I have made .It is like a new apparatus that I am using to reach the summit of that mountain that is so difficult to get to .With God's help it can be finally done.

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

What is this mountain you're trying to get up?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Kafka's post quoted SD-7 as saying:

SD 7 said:
    "Even prophets of old made mistakes at times or had wrong expectations. Yet this did not stop them from declaring the truth about God."

And then responded by saying:

Thanks for reinforcing the concept that mistakes and wrong expectations make up your "truth about God."

Kafka, welcome to JWN! Please understand that SD-7 is the board's satirist.

• Ding
    Ding

Let me get this straight.

An active JW wondered how people can fall for such nonsense as the world ending next May...

This from someone who believes wholeheartedly in an organization that told us World War I was Armageddon and asked us all, "Why Are You Looking Forward to 1975?"

• Kafka
    Kafka

Thank you, jamiebowers, for the hardy welcome. As well, as the heads up on SD-7.

His post was word-for-word a typical JW response, and I fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

Well played SD-7.

Hope the New Year is treating you all well, because the "End of the World" is coming in May... or so I've heard.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

The witnesses think THEY alone are the possesors of the sacred secret of the end...

i know i thought that...

How dare anybody else make a prediction!

they dont know didly squat!

ignorant fools!

ahhhhh, the egg on facs feeling!

• james_woods
    james_woods

OBVES posted this NINE YEARS AGO -

1914 - 1991 = 77 years
    1991 - 2001 = 10 years
    So let the same numerical number of days follow them and we'll see what we get:
    October,6,2001 + 77 days + 10 days ( in those 10 days the last week of Daniel 9.25 is included) we arrive at ......
    December,31,2001/January,1,2002
    So now you reconsider it all over again and what do you think?

Now OBVES posts -

The date September 29,2011 is a reasonable approach to the endtime predictions as I see them as the attempts to conquer the summit of a mountain that is almost inaccessable . On understanding what is hell where we had only one of two choices most religions , preachers were dead wrong; so how about with setting forth dates for Jesus' return as we may have scores of them !? It was impossible humanly speaking to come with one good prediction ,which I mean was well based on the Bible. It cannot be just a guess of course it must have a root in the Bible.
    It turns out that this new prediction for September 29,2011 is the best ever I have made .It is like a new apparatus that I am using to reach the summit of that mountain that is so difficult to get to .With God's help it can be finally done.

So, 9/29/2011 if a far better prediction than 12/31/2001 or 1/1/2002?

Until 12/30/2011 I would suppose -

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit