End of the World in May makes a JW laugh...

by undercover 27 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

A JW (who I have discussed the generation of 1914 with in previous discussions) asks me, "Did you see in the news this group of people that say the end is coming in May?"

Me: "Yea, I saw that.." Before I can go on, they respond, "I can't believe people fall for such nonsense"

Me: "What's the difference in saying 'the end is coming in May' as opposed to saying, 'the end is coming before the generation of 1914 dies off'? One is saying a few months, the other a few years but is basically the same message. So why is one nonsense but the other not? Especially after the 1914 generation one has been proven wrong but the one in May hasn't?"

chirp chirp chirp

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

The irony is amazing isn't it? Humorous if it weren't so tragic. Maybe after the world continues to exist as it is after May of this year, that other cult group can get on with their lives. Any semblance of a normal life for JWs is on an extended if not permanent hiatus.

• OBVES
    OBVES

Considering a 5-year old child can remember some events and be so a witness to ab event we take the year 1911 AD.

2011 AD as predicted makes 100 years past that date.

There are still some people who are 100 years old .It adds emergency to the fulfillment of the 2011 prediction .My back-up date is 2034 AD ( the last one ) . It seems it would be too late back then .

So ,this adds another strong point to the prediction for 2011 AD.

Also when thinking about May 21,2011 you should bear in mind there are many diametrical differences in what Harold Camping teaches and what is behind the date September 29,2011 .I have another body of doctrines that is closer to what Jehovah's Witnesses believe in than what Harold Camping teaches.

http://www.focusonthebible2011.com

http://www.familyradio.com.

Tell your friend who is Jehovah's Witnesses to see my website and go to alt.religion.jehovahs-witn ( a google group ) .Thanks.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Well, I was gonna say OBVES is bound to show up but alas, he/she/it beat me to it!

• undercover
    undercover
    Maybe after the world continues to exist as it is after May of this year, that other cult group can get on with their lives. Any semblance of a normal life for JWs is on an extended if not permanent hiatus.

Good point. The WTS are masters at extending the deadline of the end yet keeping it in expectation. In June, when the May spectacle is a bust, hopefully most of those people will go, "WTF was I thinking... I'm going back to my normal life". Normal life for a JW is to continue to expect the end even when it continues to not occur as expected.

So a good response to this statement: "I can't believe people fall for such nonsense" could be, "well at least come June those people can go on with their lives, while you're still in expectation of an apocolyptic end that will never come. So who's the stupid one now?"

• undercover
    undercover

So OBVES... if the end doesn't come in May, will you disappear until 2034? Please?

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

**oh crap wipes coffee of computer** BLAHAHAHAHA OBVES get in line with all the other end times preachers...I've seen these billboards up along the highways it's always good for a laugh...

• james_woods
    james_woods

OBVES has gone the Watchtower one better - he has backup dates published before the original date he established has passed.

If it is not May 2011, it must be Sept 2011, but IF NOT - then, OK - 2034 at the latest.

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL.

Syl

• laverite
    laverite

Oves: You certainly keep yourself busy. Well done.

Always have a plan of escape. Have a back up plan to your back up plan and then throw in one or two extra back up plans for good measure. Throw tons of dates out there, and hope something sticks. Hope in one hand, sh*t in the other and see which gets filled first.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit