A BIG Thank You...

by think41self 12 Replies latest jw friends

• think41self
    think41self

To Simon and Angharad for making this place possible.

To all of the wonderful people I've met here. When my husband was posting on H2O, I would read over his shoulder, and he would read aloud to me some of the controversial subject matter. I thought at the time that I had dealt with most of my issues caused by being raised in the borg, so didn't really feel the need to participate. As a matter of fact, sometimes he would get passionate about some subject brought up, and I would think...why is he doing that to himself?

Then I started to feel like I actually knew some of the people posting, and...I actually cared about how they were dealing with things, and I wanted to offer words of support and encouragement.

Since coming to this site, I have met so many wonderful people...some Doug and I have had the privilege to meet in real life. Many more I plan to meet in the future. I just want to remind all of you...every post here has merit, everyones thoughts and experiences are valuable and have meaning to someone. And even the cyber hugs and kisses...and the words of encouragement...can make a huge difference in peoples day to day lives.

So long live the board...and all hail King Simon and Queen Angharad! I thought it only fitting that my 1,000th post express my appreciation for all my friends here!

Tracy

• terafera2
    terafera2

Think41self,
    Thanks for the encouraging words. I always enjoy your posts... It's a nice thought to think that even if your post doesnt get replies, someone out there may be touched by it. We really dont know the power of our words.

I look forward to the next thousand posts from you.

I send out warm wishes to you and Doug!

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Ha! Think is a Jedi! By jingo!

I too always enjoy your postings. Your balanced point of view is always good to read.

As for the spankings, well, I presume they'll cease now you've reached such a high plateau of poster-maturity. SNORT!!

Expatbrit

• think41self
    think41self

Thank you Terafera

*WHACK* *WHACK*
    to you Expat!

Who says level of maturity is denoted by a title? Have you read some of Larc's fluff posting lately?

I will never be too mature to play around that's what makes life interesting. Woohoo!

Tracy

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

Congratulations!!! And thank you for your last 1000 or so posts!!

Now, bend over for your congratulatory spanking :o)

closer

Solid stone is just sand and water, baby
    Sand and water, and a million years gone by - beth nielsen chapman

• somebody
    somebody

tracy,

although I'd like to spank you, I can see you're getting your due. so in that case, I'll just be a watcher/observer of you paying.

on a more serious note, I'm so glad I got to know you on the board, and in the chat. Through both, I can see that you are a person with a wonderful sense of humor and have a gift of giving people smiles, and you are a person who can be serious when others are in need of a shoulder to cry on.

HAPPY 1000th! and I'm really looking forward to someday meeting you in person.

peace,
    somebody

• larc
    larc

Think41self,

Me post fluff???? You must have me confused with someone else. Maybe, someone stole my identity, or my ident-titty, cause I never, ever fluff around.

Life is just to serial, I mean serious, to fluff and buff when you can compound and expound. I only deal with really important concepts, like do you like jam or jelly better and which type fruit jam or jelly is the best? You see that was a multiple type question. It makes one stop and think, now doesn't it????

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Congrats!! A Thousand letters. WoW.
    plm

• Simon
    Simon

Thanks think41self, it's a huge priveledge running this site and I too have enjoyed making so many new friends and I know Angharad has too.

As others have said - here's to the next 1,000 !

• Angharad
    Angharad

Congrats Jedi Tracy, it's been great getting to know you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit