Worst Memorial Talk Ever!

by The Searcher 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I honestly have never heard such claptrap being delivered in a Memorial talk.

The speaker repeatedly put down the way other religions administered the bread & wine, and claimed that Witnesses do it exactly as the Bible describes. Oh yeah????

He forgot to mention - when reading aloud 1 Corinthians 11:25 - that after passing the bread, a full meal was to be shared, before the wine was passed around! I never saw a meal at my KH!!

Then when he read Luke 22:19,20 - which again mentions the meal - he conveniently forgot to read verse 21 which shows that Judas partook of the bread & wine!!!

Sorry, I forgot that the Insight Book highlights the "fact" that the Bible writer Luke - who "traced all things with accuracy" - wasn't endowed with a good memory, and got it wrong!

it-2 p. 130 Judas - "Luke’s presentation of this incident evidently is not in strict chronological order."

Beware U.S.A!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Thanks for the heads up, THE SEARCHER.

Reporting from the East Coast of the United States,

BOC

• Stirred
    Stirred
    Appear that while Judas was there for the bread and meal but think he was dismissed before the wine. Checking.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Nice try - but no cigar!
  • Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    Rejoice! In the UK it's all over. Ha Ha, I am back home watching the box and enjoying a glass of red wine. (No crackers though!). You faders in the US and Canada still have to endure... to the end.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Worst Memorial Talk Ever!

The speaker repeatedly put down the way other religions administered the bread & wine,

Another WBT$ JW Meeting..

And..What About Those GawdDam Catholics?..

.....Those SOBs Never Do Anything Right..

Image result for Boring speaker

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

What's all the fuss about, he was "just another scripture thumping hack from Galilee."

Quote from Jesus Christ Superstar - so you have to sing it😄

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Lol thanks searcher im just showing up to mine.... Im hating being here but rejoicing that im not actually passing nonfood this year ;) baby steps and all that
  • stillin
    stillin

Sunset is at 7:54. The memorial starts at 7:30.

i will be watching...

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    Headed to the memorial right now--dreading it to say the least.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit