Defending homosexuality as NOT a choice -

by AK - Jeff 99 Replies latest members adult

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    the jewish tradition teaches it was their overwhelming inhospitality that brought wrath from the heavens upon them....

Which is why Jesus was talking about Sodom and Gomorrah when he discussed the theme of hospitality.

"Whatever town or village you enter, search there for some worthy person and stay at their house until you leave. As you enter the home, give it your greeting. If the home is deserving, let your peace rest on it; if it is not, let your peace return to you. If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet. Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town" (Matthew 10:11-15).

And what is related in Genesis 19 pertains not to sexual orientation but to the crime of rape. Gang rape. See the difference? Rape is about the most inhospitable way one could possibly treat a guest.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

factfinder said:

@Prodigal Son- I take offense at what you said. I have not harmed anyone, in this life nor in any make believe past one- so that I should be punished by being given homosexual desires instead of heterosexual ones. It is not my fault I was born gay and with the physical problems I have.

I do not act on my feelings nor look for opportunities to do so. But given the chance with the right person- I would. I did not commit any sins against homosexuals in any past life. Reincarnation is more of a falsehood than any teachings of JWS!

Sorry if I offended you, but I didn't say that you harmed anyone. I just believe differently than you do. I believe we are eternal beings and all interconnected and have been here many times. I have been gay, I have been a woman, I have been a Barbarian. And so have you. It's all in our DNA and we're adding to the knowledge database every day. We're doing our best. We're all on our journey and we all end up in paradise. Nobody's being destroyed and we are all worthy of God's love because we are all one. That's how I view reality, and that's where my comment comes from.

• factfinder
    factfinder

@Prodigal Son- I accept your apology. Yes we believe differently. I just wanted to say that it is not my fault I have the feelings or desires I have. I do not feel I am a sinner for having these feelings any more than anyone else is. It would be nice if we were to all end up in paradise.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I do believe that homosexuality, in many cases, is definitely NOT a choice. I trust that Jehovah, the magnificent creator and reader of hearts, has a most loving and forgiving solution for those that were born with this horrible imperfection.

There are people that have recognized homosexuality is a lifestyle that God does not approve and make great efforts daily, with God's help, to lead a straight life. It is possible.

One just has to trust in the infinite wisdom of God.

DY

• chickpea
    chickpea

not a choice

not a lifestyle

not an imperfection

a statistically predictable variation within populations of a normal expression of what it is to be human...

one is more likely to vary from heterosexual orientation than be a redhead........

• factfinder
    factfinder

Doubtfully Yours-Homosexuality is not a " horrible imperfection" . There is nothing horrible about my desires.

Chickpea- thank you.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Factfinder,

when a person can first be true to themselves, they are the ones who can also be true to others

It would be a shame to mislead someone of the opposite sex, because you we're not true about

what you really feel, I applaude you. You deserve happiness and fulfilment in your life just like everyone else

• chickpea
    chickpea

@ factfinder

i parent an FtM adolescent son and sit on the
    board of the local chapter of PFLAG...

uninformed statements cannot go unchallenged....

got your back, mate!

• factfinder
    factfinder

Thank you chickpea! But what does FtM stand for? thanks!

• chickpea
    chickpea

female to male transgender

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit