Bill O'Reilly vs. David Silverman: You Know They're All Scams

by whereami 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

I did not see any real problem with the Fox segment. I thought that O' Reilly could have used a better illustration than tides ... but he does not worship the moon.

If religion is a scam, then Atheism is just as much a scam ... religion is about faith, not proof. Atheism is also about faith and not proof. Atheism is simply inverted in that it asserts there is no God, which is a statement of faith and not proof ... and it is an arrogant assertion for humans to assume that there is or is not a god, or powerful creative beings living in other dimensions ... for this universe is too big, and the possibilities too great to be so proudly bold to make such claims.

Faith is a personal matter of the heart ... and both sides need to get off of their high horses.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Bill O'Reilly is a genius at making $$$$$

All he is is a great salesman. That's all he is.

http://www.billoreilly.com/store

He hawks book, and his 'premium membership' web site and his 'bold fresh' coffee cups and his speaking tours constantly constantly constantly.

Buy buy buy! bold fresh! bold fresh! bold fresh! billoreilly.com! PREMIUM!

He tells 'the folks'* what they want to hear and 'the folks'* really love to give him their money!

$$$$$$$$$$$

(I bet you dollars to donuts he's really atheist.)

ETA: Also I had no idea he went to Harvard. Wow. How ELITE of him.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    O'Reilly was called "stupid."

I missed that.

• Amazing
    Amazing

O'Reilly's education:

• He attended Marist College, majored in history, an honor student, received a BA in history in 1971
    • He went abroad in junior year, attending Queen Mary College at the University of London.
    • He earned an M.A. in Broadcast Journalism from Boston University in 1973.
    • He earned a Master of Public Administration from Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government. At Harvard he was a student of the renown Marvin Kalb.

While many do not like the man for his perceived "conservative" views, many also do not like him for his perceived "liberal" views. He is actually socially liberal on some issues, conservative on other issues, and fiscally a moderate. He irritates people in all spheres and opinions ... which is good ... it makes him thought provoking.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Jim!

Good to see you again! It's been a few years since we spoke. I hope your health has improved and you are prosperous and well. If you want to speak, them PM me and I'll give you my latest contact information.

lisabobeesa,

:He hawks book, and his 'premium membership' web site and his 'bold fresh' coffee cups and his speaking tours constantly constantly constantly.

:Buy buy buy! bold fresh! bold fresh! bold fresh! billoreilly.com! PREMIUM!

:He tells 'the folks'* what they want to hear and 'the folks'* really love to give him their money!

In other words, he is fulfilling the American Dream of free enterprise: willing seller, willing buyer.. He offers things that people are willing to buy. He says things that people are willing to tune in and listen to, and he makes folks "really love to give him their money."

Isn't it odd that you appear to think that doing things that people like and who freely offer their money for those things is somehow "wrong?"

Why don't you give us YOUR definition of the buyer/seller market and why you scorn OReilly so much for using it and actually offering something people "love" to pay to get? Why don't YOU explain why, if you think that is Un-American and NOT fulfilling the American Dream WHY it is un-American and not fulfilling the American dream?

Michael Moore also fulfilled the American Dream by filming a pile of shit called "Sicko" which was so packed with lies about the health care situation in Cuba that even Fidel Castro denounced it, yet he made a lot of money by doing it. Do you also denounce Michael Moore for that?

Or do you just denounce people you don't happen to like who also make money doing what you don't like?

Are you or have you ever been a Communist?

Farkel

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Farkel:

Good to see you too ... I will send you a PM shortly. You make some great points. Also, while Michael Moore denounces "capitalism" as evil and sick ... yet, he makes many millions selling his brand of propaganda ... he certainly seems hypocritical to me ... he wants fame and fortune, but he will never give up his wealth for the state ... he just want everyone else to do it for him.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Oooooooooooh! You're calling me a communist???

You want to GO Farkle?? You want to GO?????????

LOL!!

In other words, he is fulfilling the American Dream of free enterprise: willing seller, willing buyer.. He offers things that people are willing

to buy. He says things that people are willing to tune in and listen to, and he makes folks "really love to give him their money."
    Isn't it odd that you appear to think that doing things that people like and who freely offer their money for those things is somehow "wrong?"

I didn't say he was wrong to make money.

I also didn't say he was "wrong" to make money.

Why don't you give us YOUR definition of the buyer/seller market and why you scorn OReilly so much for using it and actually offering something people "love" to pay to get? Why don't YOU explain why, if you think that is Un-American and NOT fulfilling the American Dream WHY it is un-American and not fulfilling the American dream?

Why don't YOU stop F-ing putting words in my mouth!

Michael Moore also fulfilled the American Dream by filming a pile of shit called "Sicko" which was so packed with lies about the health care situation in Cuba that even Fidel Castro denounced it, yet he made a lot of money by doing it. Do you also denounce Michael Moore for that?
    Or do you just denounce people you don't happen to like who also make money doing what you don't like?

I have not seen sick-o or any of his movies. I can't speak about Michael Moore.

I CAN'T STAND Bill O'Reilly though. I've seen his show a lot. Total tool.

Are you or have you ever been a Communist?

LOL!!!! Who are you, Joe McCarthy??

What year is this??

• Farkel
    Farkel

vm44,

Here's a link to a primer on logic. From there you can build on your skills with it.

http://books.google.com/books?id=PzX17OvepR0C&printsec=frontcover&dq=introduction+to+logic&source=bl&ots=esWdKPNj3E&sig=JKpgNwZk3IMQaH-0vNw_AkuZ-Qk&hl=en&ei=xTclTbP1CYT4sAO7mJSfAQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CDcQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q&f=false

Or:

You just just learn about some of the logical fallacies that I and others who know the subject keep pointing out when people use them. This is a "shortcut" to understanding logic, but it by no means makes one thoroughly familiar the discipline of logic. We can thank Aristotle for writing the book on logic. He was quite a pioneer on the matter.

http://www.unc.edu/depts/wcweb/handouts/fallacies.html

Farkel

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Bill is the best of a bad lot, not that it's much of a compliment like saying you're the smartest kid with downs syndrome. Not exactly a compliment. Now Bill is very smart, hell all of those talking heads on both sides are smart thats how they stay on top. The dumb people never GET to that point. Even the crazy ones like Glenn Beck are SMART (crazy as a bed bug but they ARE smart)

What boggles my mind is that amazing can say something so stupid as "atheism is faith" and people just ignore it. It's not faith to say 'there is no evidence for fairies therefore I do not believe in them" that is in fact the exact OPPISITE of faith.

• Farkel
    Farkel

lisabobeesa,

Now that you've responded so clearly and really made what you consider to be your "arguments", let's see what they are after we drill down on your actual responses:

:I didn't say he was wrong to make money.

:I also didn't say he was "wrong" to make money.

You said that twice, so it is important to see what you actually said and from that, I think some empirical evidence can be found:

You said:

:Bill O'Reilly is a genius at making $$$$$

Anything wrong with that? Should you have any problem with people who are a genius at making $$$$$? If so, why so?

:All he is is a great salesman. That's all he is.

Anything wrong with that? Without great salesmen, commerce in this Country would have never grown to make us the greatest Nation which ever existed. You appear to resent people with those skills and who earn the rewards of those skills. For the record, the highest and lowest paid profession in the world is the salesman. Most people cannot make it in that field and 5% of the those salesman make 80% of all the money. Whether you like it or not, you just paid Bill OReilly a huge complement.

:He hawks book, and his 'premium membership' web site and his 'bold fresh' coffee cups and his speaking tours constantly constantly constantly.

If no one wanted them, he could "hawk" until he was hoarse, but guess what? LOTS of people likes what he "hawks"? Have YOU "hawked" anything recently and been successful at it, or do you just push papers around working for a boss, collecting your paycheck and resenting the real movers and shakers who do what you cannot do, lisa? Do you even have the brass to try to "hawk" something YOU offer that people might want, or are you just a coward who is afraid to take a chance and you hate people who do take chances and win?

:Buy buy buy! bold fresh! bold fresh! bold fresh! billoreilly.com! PREMIUM!

Yes!!! Ain't it great? And guess what? NOBODY has to BUY ANYTHING he offers!

:He tells 'the folks'* what they want to hear and 'the folks'* really love to give him their money!

:$$$$$$$$$$$

In simple terms, you said it all: he gives the people what they want. Your only counter argument to that is, "it's better to give the people what they do not want, and those who give them what they do want are bad, bad, bad."

Then you cap it all off with the idiot's logical fallacy: the red herring:

:(I bet you dollars to donuts he's really atheist.)

:ETA: Also I had no idea he went to Harvard. Wow. How ELITE of him.

Hate people who paid that sacrifice of work and money, lisa? How noble of you.

: Why don't YOU stop F-ing putting words in my mouth!

Can't put words in your mouth. No room. Your foot is solidly planted in your mouth.

:LOL!!!! Who are you, Joe McCarthy??

Red Herring #2, plus ad hominem and To Quoque argumentum, to boot! Wow! the triple crown of fallacies!

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit