Religion is Dead..

by Quirky1 26 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

But they shouldn't should they?

I mean, by the very definition of the word, anyone that believes in the "supoernatural" is religious.

And taking the word futher, any set beliefs can be viewed as religious.

To say that religion is dead, for example, is to say that the very notion of belief in anything outside the natural world as we know it, is dead.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

May take one more "generation" sorry to use that term, before we see it dead....too much science and information for people to remain ignorant.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Seriously even using the term "generation" in a sentence now gives me the creeps!!!!!!!!!

• streets76
    streets76

Maybe it died along with music in that plane with Buddy Holly.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

And in the streets: the children screamed,
    The lovers cried, and the poets dreamed.
    But not a word was spoken;
    The church bells all were broken.
    And the three men I admire most:
    The father, son, and the holy ghost,
    They caught the last train for the coast
    The day the music died.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

100's of people that went to communion at an "organized" religious ritual in Long Island are probably against organized religion now as they were exposed to Hepatitus A by taking communion.

Snoozy..

I have always went toward being and atheist but am slowly accepting the fact that there is something greater than I out there..I can't believe all the world and humans came to be what they are by accident.

BUT..my problem is that if I believe there is a god, doesn't that mean I have to believe in the devil also?

I have a big problem with that..

What would organized religion tell me about that?

• Amazing
    Amazing

Religion is alive and well ... in 2010 the Catholic Church in the USA alone grew by over 1.1 million to 68 million ... and worldwide all of Catholicism (Roman Rite and various affiliations) it is about 1.2 billion and growing. The Catholic Church grows more in one year in the USA than it took the JWs 100 years to achieve ... and some years the Catholics grow by about 3 million in the USA. Mormons, Assembly of God and others are on the rise ... and some like Southern Baptists declined some last year ... bottom line is that religion is doing well ...

Sources:

Growth or Decline in the USA:http://www.ncccusa.org/news/100204yearbook2010.html

Total Worldwide figures: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations_by_number_of_members

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Amazing

Wow I was just thinking about you yesterday Very glad to see you sir

• cofty
    cofty

There seems to be a disparity between USA and UK/Western Europe. Christianity is dying rapidly over here, thank god.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Good to see you too Lady Lee.

Cofty: Yea, yea ... Europe has had its day at screwing itself and the rest of the world ... hence why many had to flee to the new world ... and, sadly, the USA appears to be reaching the zenith of its influence and power, at least its dollar is going declining rapidly, and will become worth less than the Mexican Peso ... the next interesting nation is China ... now, it makes one want to study Confucianism and invest in the (¥) Yuan! ... PS: The Chinese Yuan and Japanese Yen use the same symbol: ¥ ... spooky.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit