Religion is Dead..

by Quirky1 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

In my books..

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

The nail was placed in the coffin hundreds of years ago. America is just now catching up.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

are you totally unaware of an increase in people going to church. I know if churches that are filled every week. A lot of people who ignored religion for most of their lives are going back.

Don't believe everything the WTS told you

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Did religion die of natural casues or was it an accident?

Maybe it drowned, I hear a rumor that religion never learned how to swim *tsk,tsk*

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

This is almost five years old but have things really changed the last five years?

http://www.crosswalk.com/1396537/

Summary: about 40% of Americans claim to attend church regularly but really only around half of those do. That's 4 out of 5 Americans doing something else worthwhile on Sunday morning.

Who says progress is dead in this country?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"Spirituality" is on the rise, Religion is not.

http://www.ucobserver.org/faith/2009/06/not_religious/

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    1.belief in, worship of, or obedience to a supernatural power or powers considered to be divine or to have control of human destiny
    2.any formal or institutionalized expression of such belief: the Christian religion
    3.the attitude and feeling of one who believes in a transcendent controlling power or powers
    4.chieflyRC Church the way of life determined by the vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience entered upon by monks, friars, and nuns: to enter religion
    5.something of overwhelming importance to a person: football is his religion
    6.archaic
    a. the practice of sacred ritual observances
    b. sacred rites and ceremonies
  • Quirky1
    Quirky1

The last sprirituality book I had I used to roll some smokables...

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

God I hate the formatting in this place, LOL !!

Many people equate religion with ORGANIZED religion and that really isn't the case.

Religion is a set of beliefs, typically applied to the supernatural but also to the natural world, as such, even science is a religion.

I think that most people don't need organized religion at all but some do and those that do find solace in the very fact that it is organized.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I think in common speech, people know that when they say religion the "organized" part is understood. Few people (nobody in regular conversation) use the simple "set of beliefs" definition. Pretty much everyone says "religion" when they mean "organized religion."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit