The Watchtower has never been able to prove that an apostate is an apostate??

by Joliette 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Joliette
    Joliette

Just wondering, other than (so called) biblical proof.

No documented proof, recorded proof?

• Joliette
  • oppostate
    oppostate

To the WT anyone who is opposed to their current doctrinal stand is an apostate.
    No Biblical proof ever needed, just the latest information and directives from HQ
    is proof enough for any BOE.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Oh okay

I should have said like for example, with Crisis of Conscience, how Raymond Franz was able to prove that their a false organization from their own publications etc. I try to tell my parents this and they just shrug it off.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Oh: Or they say thats from the 1970's, of course its incorrect, its old light.

• sd-7
    sd-7

The proof I've seen is that apostates oppose field service and the use of the name Jehovah. But these statements are usually made out of context--ie. maybe the concept of 'door to door' ministry is not solidly scriptural or that the name Jehovah isn't found in any of the ancient copies of the New Testament.

But other than that, I don't know. I guess if a person leaves the JWs and becomes an atheist or agnostic, or just becomes a drunkard and/or fornicator or whatever, that would be considered as proof enough in itself.

--sd-7

• Joliette
    Joliette

sd-7, thanks for you comment

I always thought that an apostate is someone who is speaking against God. Atheist dont speak against God, they dont believe that He exist. Agnostic are in the middle, they dont deny but dont know. Deist I'm not for sure, but people who believe in the trinity and go to mainstream protestant chruches who used to the Kingdom Hall are called apostates? I dont get that one.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Well, that's the point: the worldview for the Society is that "this is Jehovah's organization". Therefore, leaving the one true religion to join any other religion is seen as standing away from God. It's just that simple. It doesn't matter if you never sin again for the rest of your life, if you leave the JWs willfully, you're an 'apostate'.

--sd-7

• Joliette
    Joliette

So what if you decide that the hall isnt for me, and you never speak against the organization. Your still called an apostate?

• Sapere Aude
    Sapere Aude

Answer to "are you still considered an apostate" No ... they will consider you just a weak minded person that needs to be helped. Example a couple of days ago a good freind of mine (JW) said to me I just want to give you a big hug - I said what! he said I just want to give you a hug! My reply was ... why? are you nuts? he said I feel sorry for you because you are a man with no hope...... which was a mistake because I then demonstrated what an apostate is. He's a very good friend and I could get away with what I told him any other (JW) they would have had a heart attack.

45 years in the inner circle and I have to be very careful what I say and to whom. If they find out that I'm not just a weak minded stumbled sheeple - they will track me down - I know "been there done that"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit