Missing references in CD

by peacefulpete 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Well, if you had run this past me a few months ago before my computer running XP died, I would have been able to check. But I cannot load the 1993 WT Library in either Vista or Windows 7 (WTLIB.INI is incompatible, it says).

• peacefulpete
  • Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

I have the '93 as well and as Leolaia stated it won't upload in Windows XP.

• itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat
    itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat

I think there are compatibility programs available allowing older software to be run in it. You would have to check into it. Perhaps a search like

running win98 or win95 files in Windows 7

for ex.

this article looks like it walks you through the steps to run these types of earlier programs on newer operating systems.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-windows-vista-compatibility-mode/

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I haven't found the Awake! article you're looking for yet, but in my search I came across the 10/1/72 Watchtower study article "Facing Up to Questions of Conscience." I'll eat my hat if that article wasn't written by Ray Franz.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

My guess is that you should still be able to look at the folders to see what mags and books have been dropped since the early CDs

I have a puter that can easily be put back to win98 if I had an early CD. My oldest is 1997, and that doesn't go back any earlier than the 2010 CD. I would love to get my hands on the really early ones and see for myself what has been dropped. PM me if you can help.

Has anyone tried any tricks, like pasting 'missing' folders into the 2010's PUBS folder prior to installing?

Cheers

Chris

• rocky
    rocky

I have an ISO of the WTL 1997 and runs on Windows xp without problem... but that is not the first version... someone has an ISO of the first version (I think 1993 it was?)???

in the 1997 version there is only one reference to an awake in 1978 ... just the same one as in the 2009 also is mentioned...

SO if someone has the data/file/ISO / rar file of the FIRST wtl... pls let me know were to d/l it and I will look if I can find out...
    I also have windows 98 version and windows 95 if I need to install that old system to use the oldes WTL 93 (english) ... so pls. let me know were to d/l the 93 version... thanx

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I second the request for the 93 (or whatever is oldest) version.

And if/when someone figures out how to integrate the old/missing data into the new Library file system, instructions would be appreciated, too.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I also found a June 1, 1952 Watchtower article "Fixing Destinies in This Judgment Period" which cites Romans 2:12-16 but weasels its reasoning into meaning basically that ignorance is no excuse. We're preaching worldwide now and there will be no excuse when Genocide Jehovah comes knocking.

It's quite the article. The mental gymnastics performed to justify the Borg position is kind of fascinating to read.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Still thinking about this, could your dates be off a bit, peacefulpete?

I'm trying to recall when the "sheep and goats" separating doctrine got changed. It used to be taught that that's what the preaching work was accomplishing but at some point (late 80s? 1990s?) that doctrine changed. Now it is taught that Jesus is not and has not yet done that separating work yet. Any possible change in understanding of Romans 2 may have possibly accompanied those articles. . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit