Missing references in CD

by peacefulpete 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Another thread asked regarding references that have fallen from the WT CD and I recalled an interesting example that I recognized years ago. When the first CD came out I and an Elder looked up Romans 2:16 and found at least 2 articles, maybe 3, that used the passage to say that some nonJWs might be saved at Armagedon if they acted conscienciously and had limited knowledge of the WT message. Both were 70's Awakes if I remember right. The passage says:

14 For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do ( Y ) instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves,

15 in that they show ( Z ) the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them,

16 on the day when, ( AA ) according to my gospel, ( AB ) God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus.

When I brought the topic up in service some time later, I was accused of all kinds of stuff. The Elder who had also seen the articles was not present and the newer version of the CD had already dropped the reference. I was wondering if anyone could yet find the articles. The info could be useful.

• blondie
    blondie

Are you saying that the Awakes on the WT-CD no longer has the ones from the 1970's or that the article itself drops that information? What issue of the Awake(s) are you talking about, page numbers? It would be good to get a scan of those pages.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

My guess is that the articles were from a pre-1970 Awake! and so are no longer included on the CD-Rom. If I recall, the earlier CD-Roms went back to 1950, though I could be wrong. They have had the 1970 cutoff for a number of years now.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

The articles essentially disappeared by not coming up using the search. Whether they existed in the data base is unknown to me. But it would seem not if the search uses some boolean search engine. They were iin the 70's and possibly 1980. They disappeared back in the 90's. The topics were about judgment and another was about the conscience.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

What issue of the Awake(s) are you talking about, page numbers? It would be good to get a scan of those pages.

Yes it would.

• blondie
    blondie

You should be able to use Romans 2:14-16 to find it, checking in the 1970's Awakes. I am at work and cannot check right now.

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

The early and recent WT CD roms contain the WTs from 1950 to date and the Awakes 1970 to date.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I tossed all the Wt stuff years ago, I'm hoping someone can find it using their resources.

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

I've just check the '97 and '09 WT CD rom and found no reference to what you stated above. I'll check the 1930-1985 index and see what I come up. with

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

It was also not in the bound index. That was what first impressed me about the first CD. I did at the time have one article printed off that I found from the first occassion. I've since long tossed the trash.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit