just n from bethel why you curse me?

by JunkYardDog 15 Replies latest jw friends

• grewupjw1969
    grewupjw1969

@Searchn4answrs.. You hit it on the head for me with that definition of Groupthink. I have been spending some time at my sisters and dad's house. It is unbeliveable to me how they think. My sister is in her early 30's but acts about 15. Everything is done based upon what others in the hall will think. No one can seem to make a choice on their own will.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    I have one simple question: What is the meaning of this thread title?

Strangest thread I've ever seen, as far as where I thought it would go and where it actually went.

Think About It

• Searchn4answrs
    Searchn4answrs

Im confounded,as to what type of individual becomes vulnerable ,to such a Sociopathic organization? It plays ,hard on my Psyche to know that I was raised in such a dissfunctional situation...I feel utterly failed by my parents,and their willfully ignorant ''nurturing''..

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Searchforanswers

Anyone is capable of falling for a con especially when it is wrapped in a love bomb

• TheStumbler
    TheStumbler

yeah, the love bombing is pretty obvious but you know, I can see how people fall for it. I actually enjoy going to the Kingdom Hall sometimes, everyone is so nice and friendly. They genuinely make you feel special, or at least likeable and valuable, and this must appeal enourmously to anyone in a slightly vulnerable state.

How many converts are people depressed, berieved, unemployed etc?

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

THIS THREAD was titled wrong. what I found interesting was talking to this guy that just joined the wt at age 40 not to long ago . And how open his mind was . he didn't once defend the wt but said he married a jw. bottom line that was my opening all I can say is I gave this guy a wts history lesson gave this guy some stuff to look up. He wasn't a true jw's, and that's maybe why we talked so long. I wish him well

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit