Look at this funny cartoon spoof of the WT study -- Tell me what you think?

by MarkedFragile 15 Replies latest jw friends

• ILTSF
    ILTSF

This was brilliant! A good reminder of just how terrible it was, too...some of the meetings felt like they lasted all day.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

This one is alright, but I like the public talk smurf doll one better. That one made me laugh so hard I cried.

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

hahaha, had me laughing all the way though, so true!!!

• ziddina
    ziddina

I like most of his videos...

That video, "Tsk, tsk, no changing your clothes after the assembly!" is a very clear example of Watchtower tactics using "peer pressure" and EXTERNAL validation to prevent independence and the ability to think for oneself - and to keep Jehovah's Witnesses in "lock-step" - prevent them from "follow[ing] a different drummer; march[ing] to a different beat"...

I also liked Bill Maher's "Christmas" message... I can't STAND Oprah... I think she's just a stooge that's mouthing the blather that tends to limit women; she really ISN'T empowering them - as one lady who had the courage to stand up and say in one of Oprah's shows - "But, the books you recommend are always so DEPRESSING!!!"

Like "The Lovely Bones"... Sheeesh. Let's glorify female victimhood still further, shall we??? Why not glorify young girls who successfully AVOIDED being victimized, instead???

Come to think of it, there are some obvious similarities between the Watchtower's techniques and Oprah's.... Emtionalism, let the crowd do your thinking for you...

Zid

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

I love his videos, this on in particular cracked me up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D19aJ_Mut4

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

This one will make you make you wet your pants when it gets to 5:00. The funniest of them all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxmJM0muVVs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit