Jehovah can change science...(when I asked my mom about 'Paradise')

by Joliette 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Joliette
    Joliette

Me and mom was having a conversation over breakfast a few weeks ago, and she brought up the circuit assembly that she just the brothers warned about apostates and going on 'questionable' internet sites. We started talking about heaven and 'the generation' change. I told her how could a paradise happen when science prove otherwise. She said Jehovah can change science. I'm like soooooo...a higher entity is going to change everything. Why hasnt he changed it? Humans have existed for a long time. I'm not atheist but science plays a huge part in why we live and thrive and die.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Joliette, I'm afraid you're wrong. Jehovah sometimes decides to change his mind. For a while he thought "higher authorities" were governments, then he decided they weren't, and let the faithful and discreet slave know this. Then he thought again and had to let the FDS know that he'd gone back to square one.

He has also rethought the concepts of "generation", blood fractions, oral sex, alternative service for conscription, the last days, the separating of sheep and goats, the shutoff date for the heavenly calling ... and, to his great credit, has kept the slave class informed of his adjusted thoughts.

He WAS contemplating resetting the last days to begin in 1957, but rethought that; he let slip to SOME of the anointed a thought that the "other sheep" were just the Gentiles, but pulled back on that one and was a bit annoyed that those anointed went ahead and talked about it.

Look, Jehovah does change his mind, OK? And if he decides those immutable laws of science need to bend a bit when he wants, he'll do it. Bugger gravity. Bugger the consistency of time. Bugger tectonic plates. Bugger the dietary habits of carnivores. Bugger the consequences of, say, falling from a great height or swallowing arsenic in the new system.

I'm with your mum on this one. Like Roger Waters says, What God wants, God gets.

• designs
    designs

I liked the Fundamentalists solution- 'The Devil put the T-Rex bones in the ground'.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

This thread gave me a headache...

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I like MrMonroe's answer.

• Joliette
    Joliette

LOL loving the reply Mr Monroe

• teel
    teel

Of course he can change science... he can also create a stone so big, that even he himself could not lift it.

• Joliette
    Joliette

LMAO @ Teel.

• Joliette
    Joliette

This is all I'm saying: If God can change Science, why do we still have HIV, Cancer, Lupus, Diabetes, Accidents, Innocent babies dying. Oh wait, I forgot---He's trying to prove a point to satan, so he lets mankind die because he's trying to prove a point to satan.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JOLIETTE:

JWs always revert to childlike simplistic answers when backed into a corner with facts and laws of nature and science.

MR. MONROE:

Your post is very funny and sums up the logic of JW thinking. This is their escape-hatch for their inconsistencies and nonsensical teachings. When I was new in the JW religion I was trying to have an intelligent conversation with a JW about questions on the solar system and got a similar grade-school answer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit