One year ago today......

by confuzzled777 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Hmm, ok. Not judging you one way or the other- so please don't take it that way. Just something to think on- and don't answer it here- but I understand you are coming back for your SIL. If that doesn't come to pass, what is there to finish and why? Just something to think on...not a judgment in any way.

Df status is a meaningless status, except to JWs who believe in the org- and sadly to those victimized by it. I am not telling you what to do...at all. Just giving you something to evaluate- if you want to.

• confuzzled777
    confuzzled777

i know.....i am having a hard time with it as well......not taking it as judging at all. I understand your questioning completely. Keep asking myself the same thing. I know that you are not looking for an answer......but in my brain I feel as if it would be easier to get reinstated and fade than to stay df'd.

Thank you for the food for thought. I am taking in as much as I can and I appreciate the kind, non judgemental way that you presented it!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

You are welcome. I just sent you a pm.

• PeaceAtLast
    PeaceAtLast

CF7,

The other day I read your post about wanting to return for the sake of your SIL. Many thanks for sharing your background story today; there is something kindred about learning of others to whom one can relate so well. What a crazy roller coaster of thoughts/emotions in trying to understand something that, in time we see, cannot possibly be made sense of. I am very glad to read you have grown closer to your family. It sounds like you have gained an abundance of wisdom through this experience and I am glad this insight has lead you to an understanding that brings peace whether you decide on reinstatement or not.

Peace

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "They also told me that they took into account my meeting attendence and service time and since I was not regular they took that into account as well. ..."

Wow...

Shades of unpleasant times spent in a corporation's "Human Resources" deparment...

That sounds more like the mentality of a "for-profit" corporation than an organization that is supposedly representing the "god of love"...

They judged you based on NUMBERS????????

Sheesh...

What "Mouthy" said...!!!

• confuzzled777
    confuzzled777

Glad I could clear things up for you Peace. It has been just that for me over the past year, a rollercoaster indeed!

Yep, Zid....that was something that my dad was blown away over. Why they would include my meeting attendance and service time in my disfellowshipping was beyond him. Maybe it made them feel better about the disfellowshipping decision. Who knows. One would think that if someone was spiratually weak that they would try everything they could to keep me in.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Confuzzle777, check your pm tomorrow....on my way out for the rest of the day.

• confuzzled777
    confuzzled777

will do.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit