I'm addicted to this site

by Found Sheep 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Gayle
    Gayle

Me too. What is it? Kindred spirits? a comradery?,refugee survivorship?,,an understanding of our past, to design our future?,, a desire for our common lying criminal abuser to be exposed?,, to encourage the hurt, the depressed, the angry. We understand each other because we know our past, we know the processes to recover and we so want all to make it.

• moshe
    moshe

Coming up with something original is very difficult here as we have so many members with keen intellects- I guess it was inevitable we would all leave the KH.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

You discover when you come here, that the brother/sisterhood the WTBTS dreams they can take away from you, still exists outside of their control. We have a commonality and bond. Out here it is much less conditional than it is inside. Here we can discuss just about anything. It's a place to learn, to share and to find fellow feeling. It's a place to laugh, to get new ideas and new looks at old ideas. It's a place to come to be serious or be silly with people who share the same traumatic background of being abused by a group of old geezers in New York and their cronies. Even though this current interim software is a shadow of the former, Simon is working on the new software which promises to beat both JWD and JWN.

Welcome and don't be afraid to speak up. Your views are unique and the way you express them might help someone when no one else could but you. You may something in a different way than it's been said before. Lots of us are addicts. We come and then go for a while then we come back. Some of anyway.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

You make some good points FHN ...yes I was seriously addicted at first Found Sheep...gradually I'm finding I only pop on for a catch-up every few days now...still I feel an incredible bond with all on here because of our shared trauma....do post your thoughts and feelings even if they've been said before because we all have our own unique take on life....

Loz x

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

Its a place were we can see memership grow and wts shrink and get informed before many witnesses, help those on the edge

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

found sheep,

there's some fun posts to play along with like the word for the day or the four words it keeps you connected and you don't have to be a great writer. I'm not its just fun and educational.

Much here is very intense because people are in pain but there's fun here as well join in the word games you can get as crazy as you want.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Sometimes I deliberately don't read the more heartbreaking threads simply because I take things to heart too much and I'll get too depressed by everything I read here.

So I try to be more selective. If someone has a problem which I think I may be able to help them with, I'll offer my two cents, but as Found sheep said, if others have already said something in a better way than I could, so I let it be.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

wow thought i was the only addict. I'm not alone thanks everyone

• pirata
    pirata

I was thinking of opening a thread a few days ago entitled "are you addicted to this site?", but you beat me to it!

Seriously, I think I spend way too much time on here. It's like an oasis of sanity.

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

yepp, i can also relate. Logging in this site has replaced all the hours I used to waste in field service. I'm new here and I still need to learn about many things that aren't mentioned at meetings. This forum has helped me tremendously in finding out things that have confirmed my doubts and in preparing me to take the necessary steps to leave the wt in the near future.

i know once i'm out of the org, i'll spend less time here. But i'll still log in time after time to drop in my thoughts or help someone who might be in a similar situation i'm now.

what more can i say? this board is excellent for JWs who have doubts/issues and are willing to look for the real truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit