The Watchtower are Right About Blood...

by cofty 556 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TD
    TD
    TD, does the transfused blood nourish the body in any manner at all within any definition of the word nourishment ?

To my knowledge, there is only one scenario. When a person is starving to death the body will begin breaking down its own proteins, including albumin in the blood. This results in the distended abdomens and swollen joints we've probably all seen in pictures.

There was a time when albumin transfusions were given to starvation victims in an attempt to bring them back from the brink and get them to the point where they could handle solid food again. This was done in post-war Japan for example.

This is not done today, because there are better, more efficacious preparations available.

In a further touch of irony, this procedure would not be forbidden to JW's, because albumin is not considered a, "primary component" of blood.

• TD
    TD
    TD, I understand that donated blood becomes part of the receiver's circulatory system for a while but the donated blood also contains nutrients absorbed by the body and in time the donor's blood is metabolized by the body.

The destruction of damaged erythrocytes is really a function of the immune system, not the digestive system. Because free hemoglobin is toxic in the bloodstream, your body is very, very vigilant about this too.

You are correct that there is some recycling that goes on. The heme units are stripped from the hemoglobin and reused if needed.

Questions at the molecular level are really a doubled-edged sword though. Why, for example are red meat and bone marrow such good sources of iron? Where does that iron come from? How did it get there?

I personally struggle at times with the superstitious significance attached to blood myself, but I believe the answer is that the prohibition was not about blood as a substance (Else bone marrow would have been forbidden too) but about the respect we show for it.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Why is there a difference if the blood is sacred in the way JWs believe it to be?
    Lev 17 shows a distinction. Difference in sacredness is cofty's conclusion as argued by cofty.
  • stavro
    stavro

Fisherman this is just too important a topic to have your shallow and unloving thoughts dribbled all over the discussion. However, after saying that, what you have accomplished and contributed so far, is to publicly demonstrate the effects years of indoctrination has on the mind's ability to think clearly!

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

stavro, If you want to have a discussion about what think about me and about what you think about what I say and about what I think about what you think about md a ne about what I say and abou what I think about you and shat I think about what you say and about what you think about what I ghink about you and what you say... , yu can start a new topic about that.

• stavro
    stavro
    If you want to have a discussion about what think about me and about what you think about what I say and about what I think about what you think about md a ne about what I say and abou what I think about you and shat I think about what you say and about what you think about what I ghink about you and what you say... , yu can start a new topic about that.

Thank you Fisherman, this is exactly my point. Your mind is no longer able to think clearly! It is because of this people die.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Fishy must be an elder. He's so arrogant as to think he can tell people what and where to post. Stavro nailed it. Keep posting Fishy, your drivel makes good reason stand out and shine over your indoctrinated blathering.
  • cofty
    cofty

Fishy...

Lev.17: 13 & 14 state very clearly that he who hunts an animal for food and does not bleed it will be "cut off".

Verse 15 says that he who eats an animal that dies of itself will be unclean until the evening. The only requirement is to have bath and change clothes.

Why is there a difference if the blood is sacred in the way JWs believe it to be?

"God commands that we abstain from blood because what it represents is sacred to him."

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    can tell people what and where to post. dubstepped

Do you want to have a spelling bee or a name calling contest on this thread and forget about the topic being discussed?

Stavro, do you want to have a spelling bee or a name calling contest on this thread?

Don't bother me with the topic cofty, I am busy responding to nonsense coming from dub and stavro.

• cofty
    cofty

How many times do I have to ask the same simple question Fishy? I even sent it to you by PM.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit