The Watchtower are Right About Blood...

by cofty 556 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• defender of truth
    defender of truth
    BTTT. Great thread.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Fantastic reasoning cofty.Great post.

Imo the ancient Isrealites were just like any other tribal/hunter gatherer society. Even today the superstition around taking the life of an animal for food requires the hunter to thank the animal/god etc for giving its life to continue theirs. Isrealite sacrifice laws are just an extention of that.

• Vetro
    Vetro
    Unfortunately this reasoning will only work with some of the more intelligent witnesses, if you have witnesses that have low intelligence, are desperate to hold on to the "truth", have mental or emotional illnesses like the majority of witnesses, or trouble following more than a couple steps of logic like my mother this won't work at all, their eyes will just glaze over.
  • Half banana
    Half banana
    Vetro, I hear what you are saying and although I am not a believer, I think even a simple minded JW would be able to sympathetically apply the scripture that God wants "Mercy and not sacrifice" to saving a life with the use of blood rather than allowing a person to die. The JW leadership in its harsh decrees would rather sacrifice a life than save one. Where is the mercy with the Watchtower and its God?
  • Vetro
    Vetro
    Half Banana, we'll see, I've got scriptures about Jesus wanting mercy not sacrifice, and put it all together in a nice little page of quotes from the bible refuting the strict laws of the WT, I'll let you know if she actually turns around, she already admited the GB is human men and make mistakes, I told her why would she trust them when they were wrong on organ transplants and vaccines, the child molestation cases coming out kinda shook her up, she was abused as a child, but she's got a good shield and is blocking a lot of cognitive dissonance out of her head, it's amazing how much people will shut down all thinking if it contradicts their worldview.
  • paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

Here is my theory on blood and I know it might sound crazy to some. But as Paul said: things that the eyes did not see and the ears did not hear about.

I believe the new creation, the new man, the immortal ones are humans who do not function on blood.

After Jesus was ressurected he said to Thomas, touch me, see that is me, a spirit does not have bones and flesh. He did not say blood and flesh. Plus his blood was given for our redemption. Not that I think that the new creation / new man has normal bones and flesh, I actually think they have a body of another kind of matter, an imperishable matter.

And I also think the new body functions by holy spirit. And needs nothing else. Holy spirit is simbolozed by water in the Bible, this is why Jesus talked about living water.

The life of the old human is in the blood. The spirit is the life of the new human/ the new immortal creation.

I believe the blood of Jesus meant what we all know it mean, but the body, simbolized by bread, meant this new body, this new immortal human race, ammong which Jesus is the first one. And he now has the power to transform others, and he will, when he comes back.

This is why Jesus was saying we have to "eat" his body - he meant we have to become like him, with a similar body, of the same kind, of the same matter as his.

• cofty
    cofty
    I know it might sound crazy to some...

It does. Absolutely risible.

• cofty
    cofty

Just bumping these two blood topics by request.

• quincemyles
    quincemyles
    Lev.11:38,39 does not seem to indicate that Israelites ate dead animals with impunity. They were unclean for a time and uncleanness is not something God likes.
  • cofty
    cofty
    They were unclean for a time and uncleanness is not something God likes.

Lots of everyday things made somebody unclean. Having sex with your wife, menstruation, giving birth, touching a dead body. None of these things were sinful in any way and carried no penalty.

A shepherd finding a dead sheep had no choice but to become unclean.

He could bury it - change clothes and be unclean until the evening

He could eat it - change clothes and be unclean until the evening

Israelites under the Law could eating the unbled meat of an animal found already dead with impunity.

Please read the OP carefully and the more full explanation in the link in the OP...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit