I thought it wasnt bothering me. But it is.

by mamalove 21 Replies latest jw friends

• mamalove
    mamalove

Do you ever feel that way about your JW past? Maybe I need more time? I know that it is a lie. I think what bothers me are the ties that seem to be attached. For example, I had a friend who was DF'd after many, many years get reinstated. It is obvious it is for family and she is enjoying the social circle now. But she is definitely going through my Christmas pics on FB and making comments. She sent me a note saying she heard I was DF, and I am not. She is hanging around people from my old KH now that she is reinstated. Why should any of that bother me? It shouldn't. But it does, so I blocked certain things from her. Maybe I just think she could start trouble, because so many people I thought were harmless have caused trouble.

I thought I was fine not having my mother and sister in my life. I still feel tortured. Think about the horrendous things my mother has said to me. The silence from my sister bothers me. I feel so angry at them both. They are cowards. I wish they would say it to my face that they are shunning me, rather than not saying anything or just making untrue personal attacks.

Then I found out through my divorce papers that my ex has tried several times to get me to establish my status as a JW, and is rather unhappy of my inactive, undefined label, rather than a big fat DA or DF. I wonder when is he going to stop?

So at what point does life go on? When do you stop caring about the past?

• Satanus
    Satanus

For me, it's been 14 yrs dffed. Their stuff doesn't bother me, but then, i'm not involved w any of them, anymore. If i was and i heard lies being told about me, it would bother me, too.

S

• Think About It
    Think About It

Can't say it really bothers me, but it doesn't go away....even after 15 yrs and before I came to the board a yr ago. Maybe if I was being shunned or knew that ones were speaking untruths about me. IDK. I was lucky enough to just leave without ever DA'ing or getting DF'd, and I moved away, so have no JW family or friends to be concerned with getting shunned.

Buy yourself a hot outfit and you will feel better.

Think About It

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

It comes and goes for me. Just a week ago I freeked because I was shunned by someone I didn't think would do that. I DA myself and that did help a bit. I always felt "watched" like someone was just waiting for me to do something so could once and forall DF me. I'd say the percentage of my thoughts is dwindleing. It used to be almost 100% and now only 10% It's been 2 1/2 years. But I could still and do cry that I lost my brother to it.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Yes, and I will be heartbroken when my son and daughter-in-law shun me...

What a truly terrible policy. How unnatural.

• mamalove
    mamalove

ThinkAboutIt, are you teasing me with that comment about the outfit? LOL. I think you are because I told someone on here to go get a new outfit and she will feel better??? Mama has lots of cute clothes....;)

Too funny. Yeah, I think reflection ebbs and flows and today it is flowing and I am more bothered. Oh well, gonna go watch a movie with a friend and go get some wings and a beer later. That will help.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Some periods are worse than others.

I don't let things I hear about in the congregation bother me much most of the time but there are moments when I feel ready to freak out. It is nice to be able to talk with a counselor every now and then.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    ThinkAboutIt, are you teasing me with that comment about the outfit? LOL.

Mamalove.....you have a PM.

• mouthy
    mouthy

It does bother me many times,when I think of my daughter ( still in)
    I also have a crying session when I think of my kids I have lost in death
    that I conned into the WT...Besides others. But we cannot look back.
    other wise we are not living abundently as MY LORD now tells me he wanted for us.
    We must be happy that we didnt get conned into JonesTown,Or Koresh!!! we can go
    out of bondage , "this is the first day for the rest of my life

Enjoy it Mamma

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Mamlove

Think of it as if you were peeling an onion. It's just another layer to go through

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit