hall morgage paid Elders please comment

by TheLoveDoctor 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

I would guess the publisher rate works like this = four congos sharing a hall, 3 english language with 110 publishers each and a smaller foreign lang congo with 70 publishers : Total upkeep and mortgage $1000 per month.

You could split it by four and ask for $250 per congo, but that wouldn't be fair on the smaller congo.

So you divide the runing costs by the total amount of publishers using the hall and come up with a publisher rate of $2.50 per peblisher per month. This means the three larger congos pay $275 per month and the smaller one pays $175

• heathen
    heathen

yah I heard stuff like that at my hall. They would announce that you still had to pay for publications even tho it was on a voluntary donation basis. What a joke . If I'm not allowed to ask a house holder for money why should I have to pay for it? I never gave a dime either since it's none of their biz what I do .

• VM44
    VM44

The Watchtower and the elders are always very interested in squeezing money out of the flock!

And at the same time they boast that they do not pass around a collection plate!

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne
    So you divide the runing costs by the total amount of publishers using the hall and come up with a publisher rate of $2.50 per peblisher per month.

Ok. I see, yeah I have heard announcements of that nature where the secretary gives the total monthly operating expenses along with the number of publishers. He then does the math and gives suggestions like, "Our monthly expenses are $2000 and we have 80 publishers. Therefore, if each person gave $25/month, we would meet our monthly expenses & wouldn't have to turn the lights off." I guess that's the "publisher rate."

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The Borg doesn't let you be paid off very long without pushing you for a remodel/rebuild. If, like one cong I was once in, you end up paying off your mortgage REALLY early (the hall was only like 3 or 4 years old), they push you to turn over the deed to the WT (or give them some sort of shared ownership...I don't know how it works legally).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit