Has anyone ever heard that Jehovah has to be with JW's because things do get done in spite of the stupidity.

by life is to short 18 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• life is to short
    life is to short

Out Law just reminded me of something I used to hear a lot at Bethel. It was that Jehovah has to be with JW's because of all the dumb things that we had to do that do not make any sense because someone with more power then us would tell us we had to do it their way no questions asked, no matter how stupid it might be or seem, and yet the buildings still got built, the magazines still got printed and everything still runs smoothly. Out law posted these and he is spot on all of these sayings were said at Bethel, I heard them all myself.

Actual One Liners from Bethel..

"Theres the Right way,the Wrong way and the Bethel Way"..

"If theres a Harder way to do something..We'll find it!"..

"50% of the Bethel Staff..Is here to test the other 50%"..

"If you find a better way to do something..We don't want to hear about it"..

At the end of all of theses one liners was added and yet the work gets done, see Jehovah is with us.

LITS

• Listener
    Listener

That sounds like JW logic.

• metatron
    metatron

I actually believed this at one point. Meeting and talking with members of the Governing Body did not impress me, as to their intelligence and wisdom, so I concluded that holy spirit did, in fact, run the organization.

Later, I correctly concluded that it is the secretiveness and 'cheerleading' that saves the organization from its own errors.

metatron

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

The only reason the buildings got built and the magazines printed is because of the use of slave labor. If they had to pay fair wages, the operation would not survive it's inefficiency. And that is not to say that the buildings or mags were well done either.

• Terry
    Terry

I actually believed this at one point. Meeting and talking with members of the Governing Body did not impress me, as to their intelligence and wisdom, so I concluded that holy spirit did, in fact, run the organization.

Yes, it is the only conclusion possible when:

When no criticism is allowed...

When you don't have to pay for labor...

When you don't pay benefits....

When people are compelled to follow your silly instructions no matter what...

When you can flip-flop explanations for your failures and make them the other person's fault...

When you really don't have to produce a concrete success, but, simply postpone the outcome indefinitely....

When you can praise yourself incessantly and filter out every real failure....

When every single person connected with your enterprise must give more and more or be labeled a slacker...

YOU CONTROL EVERY POSSIBLE MEASURE OF POWER, CONTROL AND LOYALTY rendering achievement unnecessary!

The success is in the reflex obedience.

The success is in the supression of dissent.

The success is in the drumbeat for agreement and threat of removal.

IF THIS IS EVIDENCE OF JEHOVAH'S SPIRIT RUNNING THE ORGANIZATION....then "Jehovah"must be a model for fascism, propaganda, censorship,

mind-control and spin-doctoring of the highest magnitude.

I'm happy to be free of such madness!!

• life is to short
    life is to short

Terry you are so right when you said (IF THIS IS EVIDENCE OF JEHOVAH'S SPIRIT RUNNING THE ORGANIZATION....then "Jehovah"must be a model for fascism, propaganda, censorship,mind-control and spin-doctoring of the highest magnitude.)

When I was at Bethel and some of the ways things were done just made no sense. I remember they put me on the framing crew. I am a woman who never touched a table saw or ran any of the wood working things that guys use. It was not that I was against learning but I needed to be taught. I was just thrown in and told to DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was so stupid. No real training just demands that you do it or you are lazy.

So anyway my work crew was disbanded for a month or two during 90 Sands because the other crews needed to get ahead of us. So they put me on framing. I had never framed before, read a blueprint or any of that. No one taught me or showed me I just watched and followed what the guys did. I went on my own and framed out a whole Bethel room. The guys on my crew were amazed that I could do it, but then Bethel office changed the blueprint, I was so upset all my work was thrown out, so I reframed the room and again the guy on my crew said I did a great job, then Bethel office again changed the blueprint. Now the guy on my crew were going through the same stuff framing and tearing down, reframing, tearing down. It was so stupid. Why give us a blueprint tell us to work on it and then keep changing it???????????

Frustrating was not even what it was or what I would call it, madding and insane was what it was. I was so hurt to have to keep doing the same thing over and over by the third go around I did not care anymore what it looked like.

But 90 Sands still got built.

I do not know how many more times the blueprint was changed as I went back to my own crew and the overseer who hated me. Oh the happy times.

LITS

• factfinder
    factfinder

LITS- I'm sorry you had to deal with that situation at bethel. It is amazing things did get finished under such circumstances.

I did hear that Jehovah makes things get done in spite of the imperfection of the ones doing it. That sucks how they made you do the work without training you, then even though your work was good they kept changing it. Idiots in charge!

MadDawg- I wish to say that IMHO the wt magazines and books are well made. Especially the burst-bound books they made in the 80's to 2004.

• factfinder
    factfinder

LITS- those one liners make bethel sound like a joke! I have heard it said they must have Jehovah's spirit to accomplish everything because it gets done in spite of the imperfect humans doing it!

• agonus
    agonus

But WHAT exactly has Jehovah been accomplishing through the Organization over the last few years? Ever-changing and increasingly inexplicable theology ASIDE, look at the numbers, man! For all the increasing countless man-hours spent "preaching", they're just BARELY experiencing numerical growth (and let's face it, "Jehovah's Organization" is all about numbers) - and that's BEFORE you factor in Dubs reproducing themselves.

Jehovah is apparently riding a celestial Stairmaster rather than a chariot. He keeps speeding up the "work" but he's getting nowhere!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!@LITS!!..

Actual One Liners from Bethel..

"Theres the Right way,the Wrong way and the Bethel Way"..

"If theres a Harder way to do something..We'll find it!"..

"If you find a better way to do something..We don't want to hear about it"..

"50% of the Bethel Staff..Is here to test the other 50%"..

At the end of all of theses one liners was added "and yet the work gets done, see Jehovah is with us." .....LITS

Translation..

" The WBT$ is So F*cking Stupid..Jehovah "MUST" be Helping Us"..

"Nothing would get done otherwise"..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit