Part 1: Breaking Ground with Crisis of Conscience

by Amazing 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hairy Harr
    Hairy Harr

Amazing,
    Thank you!!! Funny, I remember when reading about the Malawi incident in Ray's book, that I had written letters to the officials in the Malawi Govt. about the persecution, as we had been asked to do by Mother. Gee, I wonder why they did not ask us to write to the Mexican Govt about their corruption. Double standards... Hypocrisy...Whose Ox is being gored?...Ray just helped us realize, much to our horror that the Org is as corrupt as the others in the world...just a little more adept at keeping the sheep in line! Thanks again...Great writing.
    HH

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Much of it was validation of things I saw and experienced. I saw some things that he did not touch on, but felt the validation of my own conscience starting to work. Some things, such as the history of Russell, the 1914 Date, the Malawi-Mexico double standards were very new to me. Other things were not new, but a confirmation of "Why" they were that way ... I saw the problems, but did not see what was behind them ... and Ray Franz simply removed the curtain

It seems that this experience is reflected in so many others' life stories. It was certainly true for Mrs Ozzie and myself.

We had doubts which had always been pushed to the background. Experiencing the workings at Bethel didn't help to allay my fears that the WTS wasn't directed by Holy Spirit at all but was simply a man-made corporation trying to increase its market.

One long weekend (that's what we call Public Hols in Oz) Mrs Ozzie and I stayed with friends. He was a long-serving elder himself and blessed with an enquiring mind. He had come across COC and together we took turns to read the complete book over the weekend. We had decided to commence by looking at the JW brochure where the fundamental doctrines are listed. We 'ticked' those we wholeheartedly agreed with, put a ? against 'not sure' and a 'X' against those we could not accept.

We spent the whole weekend reading, going for walks to clear our minds, and, of course, enjoying some good bottles of shiraz!

As the weekend came to a close, we took up the JW brochure again and went through the same procedure of ticks, crosses and question marks. We found now that the crosses and question marks far out-weighed the ticks.

We parted that weekend resolved to continue our journey of discovery and what a thrilling ride it has been, full of drama but happiness too.

Our friend is no longer a serving elder, both he and his wife have DA and he is enjoying the freedom that it brings.

As for Mrs Ozzie and I, well, you must come to the bbq to find out!

Amazing, this was a great read. Like you, it wasn't that there was much new in the book COC but it was the confirmation of what and why that impressed us so much and a confirmation of things that we had been pushed to the back of our minds. We're looking forward to Part 2.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

Amazing: Excellent post regarding Bro Franz, I am looking forward to reading part 2. I's shocking to read what you find out about the governing body and all that goes on I had no idea. But I am so glad I am no part of an org. like that.

• California Sunshine
    California Sunshine

Amazing,

Enjoyed the first chapter. Am looking forward to the next one.

Sunny

• Kay Francis
    Kay Francis

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this piece. Amazing, you are an excellent writer. I really hate to read, but I read every word, every line, and every paragraph to the very tee. Thanks for that wonderful information! My husband experienced this same feeling at the bookstore. He indicated that he was looking around to see if anyone was looking when he ordered the book, and then when he went to pick it up he was afraid that someone would come to the counter at the time he was making his purchase.

But WT could not get "cult" status if you all didn't feel that way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit