Population 7 billion. Changes ahead.

by Lion Cask 91 Replies latest social current

• beksbks
    beksbks

Hey Sooner

Now why does that make me think of Scout in To Kill A Mocking Bird?

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

It's not because I'm a prepubescent female.

Just trying to bring a little levity to the ol' forum.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Aw c'mon bekkers, chill out on Terry. I think that might have been a little tongue in cheek on his part.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

"I think I'll be a clown when I get grown," said Dill. "Yes, sir, a clown.... There ain't one thing in this world I can do about folks except laugh, so I'm gonna join the circus and laugh my head off." "You got it backwards, Dill," said Jem. "Clowns are sad, it's folks that laugh at them." "Well, I'm gonna be a new kind of clown. I'm gonna stand in the middle of the ring and laugh at the folks." ~Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird, Chapter 22

Actually I think I'm Dill.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I'm Scout. Smoochers Dill

• sooner7nc
  • Terry
    Terry

Terry respects a sound and well-reasoned argument.

Reductio ad absurdum

Lampoon.

Satire.

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask

Here's a bit of an apropos eye openner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

In Canada we have a huge land mass with only 33 million people, we could easily accomodate 100 million.

Surenot everyone likes the cold, but hey, at least we don't get Hurricanes ;)

The US has how many people now? 300 million of so?

And yet, it is NOT over populated.

The issue of over population tends to be more "population density" in certain areas.

Fact is, world economy aside, we CAN produce more than enough to feed and take care of 7 billion people, if not more.

We have the technology, we have to ability, we just don't have the will it seems.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Fact is, world economy aside, we CAN produce more than enough to feed and take care of 7 billion people, if not more.

Unfortunately, people want to do more than eat. They want sanitation, energy, entertainment, paper, houses, schools, jobs, transportation, infrastructure. Natural resources are, in some cases, not renewable and they are dwindling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit