Vatican Confesses That Jesus Was An Exageration Based on Roman Prince?

by PublishingCult 24 Replies latest social current

• Satanus
    Satanus

Sounds like an 'onion' spoof.

S

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

new one for me

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

I'm with you. It's way too good to be true.

I heard the story through another source, can't recall where, and this was one of the only articles I could find anywhere.

Can you imagine, though?

(Mark 12:13-17) 13 Next they sent forth to him some of the Pharisees and of the party followers of Herod, to catch him in his speech. 14 On arrival these said to him: “Teacher, we know you are truthful and you do not care for anybody, for you do not look upon men’s outward appearance, but you teach the way of God in line with truth: Is it lawful to pay head tax to Caesar or not? 15 Shall we pay, or shall we not pay?” Detecting their hypocrisy, he said to them: “Why do YOU put me to the test? Bring me a de?nar′i?us to look at.” 16 They brought one. And he said to them: “Whose image and inscription is this?” They said to him: “Caesar’s.” 17 Jesus then said: “Pay back Caesar’s things to Caesar, but God’s things to God.” And they began to marvel at him.

If this is true, Jesus was holding a coin with his own image on it encouraging the Jews to pay taxes to none other than himself. Irony

• agonus
    agonus

The Pope said he's all for baptizing E.T.s... is anything REALLY all that far-fetched anymore?

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

The source must have been Mad Magazine.

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

Satanus nailed it...it's got the Onion smell all over it...or at least it should.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

This is written by Susan Maureen Brandt who has widely disseminated this pet conspiracy theory of hers throughout the interwebz. Heck, she even claims that George Clooney is making a major motion picture bringing this theory to the big screen:

http://www.wireservice.ca/index.php?module=News&func=display&sid=3373

She says that Clooney "claims that the Roman Catholic Church and the figurehead of Jesus were knowing inventions of the Roman government in the first century B.C.E., part of a hoax designed to produce a passive, orderly society. Depicting the family of Julius Caesar as cold-blooded killers and con-artists, the movie follows the life stories of Caesar’s three children, Julia, Lucius, and Gaius, as they moved between regions bordering the Mediterranean, adopting disguises and false identities in an attempt to secure increased tax revenues for their father."

A blogger called BS on this and Ms. Brandt chimed in to her defense, backpedelling her original claims, now saying that the connection to the Caesars is an inference of her own:

Actually the press release is not a fake fantasy. It is true.

If you watch either of the movies The American or Leatherheads with an eye to watching for symbolic and allegorical storylines, they both tell the story of Lucius and Julia Caesar.

This was the shock of my life to discover, and took me many months to grasp as the evidence piled up. I am only trying to communicate the truth in whatever way people may take a moment to consider it.

I did not lie, for George Clooney has indeed made a movie describing these things, and while ONCE may be a coincidence of choosing characters who match the historical accounts of Julia and Lucius, from their hair color, personality traits, timing of love affairs and murders and travels, TWICE is not a coincidence.

Please take some time to read what I am describing. There are many people who obviously do not want this truth to come out.

Sincerely,
    Susan Maureen Brandt

http://zwingliusredivivus.wordpress.com/2010/10/03/well-george-clooney-youre-dead-to-me/

Here are the Wikipedia descriptions of the Clooney movies "The American" and "Leatherheads", and read them and judge for yourself whether they are anything like what the original "press release" claims:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_American_%282010_film%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leatherheads

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

That Mona Lisa is really disturbing. So is Tom's forehead.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

So...this means that Jesus isn't JashEuesha Mishacov?

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

LOL @ Cameo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit