Was It a Fig Tree From Which Eve and Adam Ate?

by snowbird 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• snowbird
    snowbird

Book of Jasher

14 And it was in the fifty-sixth year of the life of Lamech when Adam died; nine hundred and thirty years old was he at his death, and his two sons, with Enoch and Methuselah his son, buried him with great pomp, as at the burial of kings, in the cave which God had told him.

15 And in that place all the sons of men made a great mourning and weeping on account of Adam; it has therefore become a custom among the sons of men to this day.

16 And Adam died because he ate of the tree of knowledge; he and his children after him, as the Lord God had spoken.

Genesis 3:7 states that they sewed fig leaves together to hide their nakedness.

Genesis 3:7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves. NIV

Just something on which to ponder.

Syl

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I planted a small fig tree out in front of my old house. Big leaves.

If Eve wore a fig leaf, what did Adam wear?

He wore a hole through it.

BTS

• snowbird
    snowbird

Tee hee hee.

Hi, Burn.

Syl

• james_woods
    james_woods

I have no more proof for my "tree of choice" than Sylvia does for the Figs, but just for the sake of discussion -

I believe it was the Pomegranite.

• snowbird
    snowbird

You'll have to admit that the context suggests it could have been figs.

I'm willing to bet it wasn't apples.

Syl

• snowbird
    snowbird

The Book of Jasher mentions that Adam was buried in a cave, as directed by the Lord God.

Did Abraham know about this when he negotiated with the Hittites to buy a field and its cave?

I say Abraham did. For instance, why that particular field and cave?

I LOVE history!

Syl

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I'm almost certain it was coconuts.

• snowbird
  • TD
    TD

I can't imagine a fig leaf rubbing against your tender bits

• snowbird
    snowbird

The following is from fig fruit facts.

Foliage:Fig leaves are bright green, single, alternate and large (to 1 ft length). They are more or less deeply lobed with 1 - 5 sinuses, rough hairy on the upper surface and soft hairy on the underside. In summer their foliage lends a beautiful tropical feeling.

Perhaps they used the soft hairy underside?

Soft hairy.

LOL.

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit