Swiss Branch closing down

by InquiryMan 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

This newspaper article published in a capital news paper reports this including an interview with a Watchtower spokesman.

It seems that less than half of the bethelites will be transferred to the German branch in Selters that will supervise the work in Switzerland from 2011.Also, it seems that the branch offices in Austria and Luxembourg will undergo the same transition. The remaining bethelites will stay on in Switzerland, some will go on as full time pioneers.

http://www.bernerzeitung.ch/region/thun/Klosterbetrieb--der-Zeugen-Jehovas-zieht-aus-Thun-weg/story/21590801

• Curtains
    Curtains

thanks for sharing this inquiryman

• moshe
    moshe

I'll bet those displaced bethelites sure feel the love from the GB right now.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Wasn't it the Jehovah witnesses that told young people leaving high school

" Why put an application in a world that's goin' out of bussiness"

and encouraged them to go to bethel or to go serve where the need is great ?!?!

young people or people in general don't need to learn anything in college cause

you won't need to use what they teach !!!!! that reminds me, I have a doctors appointment

today, sure glad that doc went to school

• pirata
    pirata

Thanks for the translation!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

why? the GB has a wonderful job for them!!! they will now be "special" piosneers!

these people should praise those, that have thought hard to give them a future!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Wonder if the Swiss Documentary that was aired on TV about the Jehovah's Witnesses and shunning/pedophilia has anything to do with it? I wonder if the Swiss Government is asking questions?

Skeeter

• james_woods
    james_woods

It makes me wonder why they really needed a Swiss Branch office in the first place...

Did it say how many individuals were involved?

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

maybe the WTS couldn't meet the strict neutrality standards of Switzerland?? LOL

Seriously, too bad they quietly close up shop. Knowledge of the "Kingdom's" increase decrease is powerful to those who feel that growth and expansion is a sign of God's blessing.

SIAM

• Gayle
    Gayle

according to 'possiblesan' on his Japanese 2010 annual report it showed 116 branches, on the 2009 it showed 118. So two branches closed. But several are apparently in the process yet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit