This is Why I Don't Like Having Pets

by XJW4EVR 18 Replies latest jw friends

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

We moved a couple of days ago to a totally new area. The cat we had seemed to be getting used to the new place, though she was hiding alot. She would burrow herself under the sofa cushions or under our blankets. Today our pot smoking new room mate forgot to lock the screen door and off she went. My wife and I are both at work, and we can't break loose to look for her, so I can only assume she's gone (though she has her collar and tags, but no RFID chip). Long stroy short, it makes me sick to my stomach to think about her out in our new heavily urban neighborhood (as opposed to the canyon we were in. All these emotions are why I just don't like having pets.

I think she is gone for good, though I am hopeful that she'll somehow make her way back home in a couple of days, or some kind hearted person who finds her will call us.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

I'm in the pet care business...grooming, boarding, designer breeds, high-end boutique type stuff... ....I've dealt with a lot of customers whose pets got away so I can totally relate to how you feel. But when all hope is seemingly gone, after sometimes weeks go by, they're found, and there's this ecstatic reunion. I've heard of cats finding their way home from dozens of miles away.... so keep the faith!

• kazar
    kazar

I do hope your cat comes back. I truly empathize with you. When I moved a few years ago my cat was misssing for two days. Luckily we found her behind the washing machine. Cats become fearful and disoriented in a new environment. I hope your baby comes home.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I agree, keep the faith. I have seen kitties come home under astounding circumstances. In the meantime, I truly understand how you feel!

A friend of mine made flyers with his cat's photo and his phone number and address, and took them to every single one of his neighbors (heaven knows we understand door-to-door work!) His cat was found and all was well.

Good luck!

Love,
    Baba.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I'm sorry about your cat. The fact she has tags increases the odds she will find her way back to you.

And I like the putting up posters idea,plus it wouldn't hurt to call the animal shelters and even placing an ad in the local newspaper would be a good idea.

A friend of mine's cat took off soon after they moved,but she still put some food out for it. And it got hungry enough and came home.

How far away are you from the old place? I've heard of animals showing up at the former residence. Good luck,hope she comes home soon.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I'm so sorry you are going through this. But Homeward Bound was based on a true story, so hopefully she'll make her way back.

Maybe set tuna out at front and back doors so she'll have a smell to go toward.

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

Looks like it's time to call.........ACE VENTURA PET DETECTIVE! Alrighty then...

• Satanus
    Satanus

Sad. Sometimes, they make their way back to their old homes. Did you move far? Maybe, you could contact the people now living in your old place. They could put out some kittie food, or something.

S

• moshe
    moshe

Cats have no loyalty- if they find a free meal someplace else, then that will be their new home.

• satinka
    satinka

Sorry to hear about your cat, XJW4EVR.

I, like EmptyInside, have heard stories about cats finding their way back to their old home. Cats have very good instincts.

Wishing you the safe return of your kitty.

satinka

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit