What emotions have you been coping with?

by mochamint22 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Here are the emotions I went through from the moment I found out a much loved ex-elder molested my 9 year old child.

I went from Anger against him

To faith that the elders would do the right thing.

To complete shock at how they questioned my child.

To frustration nothing was happening.

To heartbreak once I realized we were on our own.

To back to being angry about being lied to for 20 + years.

To acceptance that we were hoodwinked.

To determination to let everyone know how wronged we were.

To knowing in order to be healthy again for my family I need to move forward and try my best to make "A new Normal" and no longer let that anger control my life.

It's been a very interesting and educational 4 years and I'm thrilled to let the JW religion go forever!!!

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

I hate talking to my parents, it's like talking to a brick wall.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

DaringHart your post makes me very sad. Big Hugs to you.

Loz x

• mochamint22
    mochamint22

First, I wanna say thank you to everyone opening up. I can relate to all these emotions because I'm going through them now. It also amazes me how strong the hold of these emotions have on us. Even after many years may have passed.

Daringhart: I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I too feel like I've wasted, and continue to waste, so much time on all of this. I wasted many years, for example, NOT going to college that I'd probably have my PhD by now if I went to school right after I graduated high school(at 15 years of age). I too am ANGERED that I've been lied to for all this time yet I can relate to sd-7 spending hours studying, thinking that maybe I'll believe again.

Joey Jo-Jo: I can relate to how talking to your parents are a waste of time, like talking to a brick wall. I've voiced my doubts w/my mother and brought up to her early teachings by C T Russell and how these are direct contradictions to the teachings of the current organization. I specifically told her about C T Russell and the Mason symbols and his belief in pyramidology and him basing his "prophesies" on that "all seeing eye." You know what she said? She had never even heard of it and she said: "So, we all have things that we have to change when we come out of Babylon." I then reminded of her of how the organization is always talking about building a strong foundation of beliefs and reminded her of Jesus' parable of the houses built on weak and strong foundations. I asked her, "How can we believe so IMPLICITLY and teach others to believe in a religion that was built on a faulty foundation? Built on lies? If they are Jehovah's visible organization and he's guiding them in everything they do, why have their predictions and prophesies been wrong? On NUMEROUS occasions?" Deuteronomy 18: 22 says: " When the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness spoke it. You must not get frightened at him." (NWT) So does this NOT apply because of the "new light" they always talk about? The BIBLE is my authority, not some faulty man-made organization.

There is a very well articulated explanation of why JWs use of Proverbs 4:18 "light" is faulty. Check it out peeps. It was an interesting read:

http://www.cftf.com/comments/otanswer.html

The interesting thing to me, also mentioned by sd-7, is that I also never did an in-depth study of the teachings of JWs "putting it off." My putting if off, though wasn't because of fear of finding out something I didn't want to know. No, it was because I just took the GB at their word and just went with it. It's what I've been taught from infancy. All I've ever known. There was this brother that I remember would always tell me, "Prove it to yourself, Monique." Now, that of course meant studying and researching ONLY in publications from the GB because anything outside of that are sources from Satan. I wish I had done this earlier in my life, and sometimes I really regret getting baptized at 12. It was too young. At least it wouldn't have been so hard to walk away...I can't believe I've been suckered all this time...

moe

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Sometimes these days the delusion of the 'truth' seems to be to be sooo massive that I cant believe its real and what its done to so many lives...I hope that makes sense?

Loz x

• foodalls
    foodalls

ME!...Heck I'm "Slap-Happy" to be OUT of the "BORG"...Just to bad I had been Dumb enough to wasted 43 years of my life peddling all their paper Bullchit! When I found out the REAL TRUTH about them...WOW!!!It was easy to go!

I will tell anyone that is feeling "Guilt" about leaving!...FOGITTABOUTIT!!!...THERE IS SOMETHING MUCH BETTER COMING YOUR WAY AND I CAN TELL YOU AL ABOUT IT IF YOU WANT...BLOWS AWAY ALL THAT CRAP WE WERE SWALLOWING FROM THEM!! ITS ALL LIES ANYWAY!...JUST GET A COPY OF "CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE" AND READ IT...THAT HELP ME A LOT!!!

BUT THEN THERE IS SOMETHING ELSE MUCH BETTER YOU NEED TO SEE THAT WILL BLOW ANY DOUDTS ABOUT THEM TO SMITHERINES!!!

JUST LIKE THATS SONG SAYS:..."JUST GET YOURSELF FREE" BROTHER!...Very shortly you are going to find out that the borg will have to "Formaly" HAVE To "Abdicate" ALL their authority over ALL the brothers and sisters BEFORE THE END OF NEXT YEARS 2011...AND THATS A FACT!!! COUNT ON IT!...THERE IS AN "EVENT" THAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN EARLY IN 2011 THAT WILLL SHOCK EVERYONE AROUND THE WORLD, THAT WILL "FREE" ALL MANKIND FROM "BONDAGE"...THEY WILL COME IN A FORMAL "ANNOUNCEMENT" BROACAST ALL AROUND THE WORLD!

i'ED BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO SHARE THIS INFO WITH ANYONE HERE

NAMASTE!

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Though 'tis all but a dream at the best,
    And still when happiest soonest o'er,
    Yet, even in a dream to be blest
    Is so sweet, that I ask for no more.
    The bosom that opes with earliest hopes
    The soonest finds those hopes untrue,
    As flowers that first in spring-time burst,
    The earliest wither too!

By friendship we oft are deceived,
    And find the love we clung to past;
    Yet friendship will still be believed
    And love trusted on to the last.
    The web in the leaves the spider weaves
    Is like the charm Hope hangs o'er men;
    Though often she sees it broke by the breeze,
    She spins the bright tissue again.

By Thomas Moore

• foodalls
    foodalls

For Satinka!...FEAR...is Fake...Evidence...Appearing...Real...GET IT??? If you don't, I'ed be more than happy to explain just what that means...because there is more to words than YOU may know. DISEASE...Dis-Ease (Not-at-Ease)....ILLNESS...I..Lack..Love

Want to learn more??? YOU HAVE MORE POWER THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE...YOU JUST DON'T "REMEMBER"

NAMASTE! KEN

• mochamint22
    mochamint22

BEFORE THE END OF NEXT YEARS 2011...AND THATS A FACT!!! COUNT ON IT!...THERE IS AN "EVENT" THAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN EARLY IN 2011 THAT WILLL SHOCK EVERYONE AROUND THE WORLD, THAT WILL "FREE" ALL MANKIND FROM "BONDAGE"...THEY WILL COME IN A FORMAL "ANNOUNCEMENT" BROACAST ALL AROUND THE WORLD!

to what are you referring?

• flipper
    flipper

MOE- Great thread. You ask really good searching questions. It took me a couple years after I stopped attending meetings to feel " normal " again. The longer I went without going to meetings the more I got my " real authentic " personality back I was born with instead of the " cult personality " which was drilled into my JW brain. I've been out 7 years now and the JW cult seems stranger to me every day now the longer I'm out.

What REALLY helped me is after joining this board I read Ray Franz " Crisis of Conscience " and Steve Hassan's " Combatting cult Mind Control " and " Releasing the Bonds- Empowering People to Think for Themselves ". Franz books confirmed my suscpicions that the WT society was unjust and wack. Hassan's books helped me to UNDERSTAND HOW I was mind controlled and the tactics used which duped me and deceived me. Hassan's books helped me to overcome guilt and fear and helped me to forgive myself and others for being sucked into the witnesses. Brought me peace of mind.

I don't know if I believe in a God or not, so I'm agnostic , perhaps a higher entity handles the weather, etc. but it's not that big of a deal to me. Whether there is a God or not- I still have to live my life. And I live it to help others and make myself feel good about doing it- not to please elders or a God. I am pretty much against organized religion as it has caused numerous wars , broken up families, and countless jealousies and deaths over the centuries.

I actually consider myself a secular humanist who just believes in treating others with humane dignity and respect because it brings peace and a greater unity to the human family in general. And it's easier to be happy than being angry all the time. Just a couple of my two cents on the subject. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper P.S. Be kind and patient with yourself - you will gradually leave the JW thinking behind. It takes time. Be your own best friend, not your own worst enemy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit