DAD TURNS DOWN A JOB AT DIGITAL COMPUTERS IN 1974

by Hairyhegoat 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• moshe
    moshe

I was raised on a farm and as a kid I missed out on all the "fun" stuff city kids take for granted, like little league baseball, boy scouts, after school games, going to the soda shop with the gang- nope, my dad kept me working on his farm after school and in the summer. Even to this day I don't have a warm feeling for my former classmates, as I was excluded from the group stuff they did for fun. Am I bitter about this today? No. I was fortunate to be able to work side by side with my father and get to know him on a personal level. I learned to be self reliant and the value of hard work. I found out that animals depended on me to take care of them or they could die. Sheep are especially fragile animals (read that as dumb) and must be closely managed. Let your guard down and the foxes will make off with your prized hens. Allow the young chickens outside unwatched and the hawks will turn them into their dinner. I guess a person can make the best of their life or be unhappy wishing for another family. Funny, but when the city kids did play with me all they wanted to do was jump in the hay, have an egg fight, chase the roosters and pigs, etc. My farm life was the best fun I could have had.

• moshe
  • moggy lover
    moggy lover

I can't honestly see any icon here that enables me to either edit or check my posts for the spelling.

But, anyway, talking about 1974, it is true that the suppressed hysteria engendered by the Watchtower, has been responsible for many a twist for the worst in people's lives. Mine included. I was 22, in the bloom of youth, and, with the clear connivance of the Watchtower leadership, mesmerized by my own arrogance.

I believed. That was the problem. It was an irrational, blind conviction, supposedly based on the "trustworthy" chronology of the Bible. It took me a while to discover, when the dust began to settle after the 1975 fiasco, that such absolute devotion to a bunch of impious men was not unique to the Watchtower leadership. These men, unencumbered by spiritual values, and whose only sustenance was self-interest, were merely an extension of similar techniques used by others who impose their bigotries on an unsuspecting following. Some of these monuments to institutionalized piety, like the Armstrong abberation, have dissolved into dust.

To the men of the Watchtower, who hide like knaves behind a shdow of anonymity, the Bible becomes merely a tool to effect their authority. Their doctrinal absolutes come, not from a systematic study of the Bible and its contents, but through an idiosyncratic interpretation of it. An interpretation that disregards even the most fundamental implements of investigation. Thus, to these selfish and arrogant men, the Bible, becomes, like a pliant whore, a provision to say whatever it is the Watchtower leadership wants it to say.

The tragedy is that the bitch that sired such misapplied expectations is on heat again. In the manipulative hands of the successors to that 1975 leadership, a new breed of leaders, equally avaricious in their grasp over the hearts and minds of their followers, is setting about to convince another generation of innocents in the supposed "trustworthiness of Bible chronology".

This cycle of mindless exploitation will continue until every last vestige of Watchtower hypocrisy is expunged from the face of the earth. I believe that forums such as this are playing a major part in just such a conclusion.

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

OOPs. "shdow of anonymity" in paragraph 4 should of course be "shadow of anonymity".

My kingdom for an editing capability!

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Moggy,

At the top of your post on the right hand side is a pic of a quote bubble with a pencil on top, beside the time and date stamp. Click on that and it will re-open the post so that you can edit it.

PS. I just edited this post doing exactly that!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And they are at it again. Comparing college to a bullet in the head, encouraging witlesses to skip work and college, telling them that pulling no-shows at work so they can go to a Grand Boasting Session is acceptable and wise, and even encouraging those in college to drop out again! They pulled this sxxx in 1968 through 1975 ahead of what was supposed to be Armageddon, and nothing happened. Had someone started working in 1974 at a good job, they would have had a halfway decent retirement (as long as Osama Obama doesn't raid it--better get your money into gold and silver while it still has value). They would have had 36 years of a decent lifestyle, instead of struggling all the time.

And for what? So they can waste more time circling through the same 40-50 territories, knocking on the same damn doors and getting the same people not home and not interested again. If I would have had that job at a major computer place in 1974, I would be able to work much better with them today--not to mention having had opportunities to start one of those dot-com companies in the 1990s and really get rich (and, if it was run properly, it would still be going strong until I had a chance to sell out before Osama Obama could raid it).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit