A Big Thanks to John Williams at Bethel

by mentallyfree31 25 Replies latest jw friends

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

About five years ago, John Williams came to Philadelphia, MS as a visiting Bethel speaker for our Special Assembly Day. I was well acquainted with him, as he had been to my KH before as a special weekend speaker, and also to a neighboring congregation.

In his afernoon talk, he goes off about social network websites and he made this statement: "Brothers, make no mistake about it, MySpace is no place for Christians". I remember leaving the assembly and for probably the first time ever saying to myself "That is complete bullsh**!" This was years before I awakened and left, but it was a stepping stone in the progression of events. That was the first time I ever mentally took a stand and refused to believe something from the organization and thought it was wrong. Many of my "spiritual" jw friends went home that very night and deleted their myspace accounts. I never did. I just graduated to facebook a couple of years later.

So for that, I would like to give a big THANK YOU to John Williams. You may never know it buddy, but you assisted me leaving this cult. I will be forever grateful.

:-)

-MF31-

• asilentone
    asilentone

Is John Williams a black brother?, I know his PO/CBOE brother.

• Pallbearer
    Pallbearer

Surely he gave reasons. What were they?

• scary21
    scary21

A 2 watt lightbulb momentl LOL!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yes and "Rock n Roll" is THE DEVILS MUSIC!!!!!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Isn't that the name of the dude who's talk at the SC SAD recently said that "The Kingdom is telling you how to spend your money."???

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

I remember a talk that said the same about the LOTR movies, from the same brother that was reading his favorite parts of the book to us in service months before. Yep, same thought. "This is complete bs!"

• Pallbearer
    Pallbearer

"Yes and Rock n Roll is THE DEVILS MUSIC!!!!!"

It ain't either, or otherwise I wouldn't be singin' it and playin' it! Go hear me sing and play "Mystery Train", here: www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=632642

Now everybody knows (or should know) that "Mystery Train" is a 100% Rock n Roll song, but everybody don't know that this is a 71-1/2 year-old-feller (codger) singing it. And I'll bet all you Rapper's out there that you can't keep up with me, even though you might only be 1/3 my age.

Oh, and by all means don't forget to turn your sound WAY UP! Rock n Roll is supposed to be played LOUD!

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

I'd also like to thank John Williams for all the great musical themes he has added to movies such as Star Wars, Superman, Harry Potter, Catch Me If You Can, Indian Jones, Jurassic Park, Jaws, Amistad, E.T., Empire of the Sun, Home Alone and the Long Goodbye.

If you're referring to the John Williams that lives in the UK, I also know that twat. He frequented our home several times in a bid to get a free lunch.

Pioneers/Bethelites/Most Jws = Freeloaders.

Regards,
    Carlos

• Pallbearer
    Pallbearer

"Most Jws = Freeloaders."

Sadly, some of them are just that. I knew a few that were. But that's been a long, long time ago. And I once hired one of them to do some re-modeling work, thinking that they would do a better job, and found out that the person was no more conscientious than anyone else out in the world. And the person didn't work cheap either. I didn't mind paying well if the work done was good, but I could have done it a lot better doing it myself. To this day every time I look at the mess-ups it depresses me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit