On the Nature of Our Savior & Idolatry

by Perry 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Perry
    Perry

OT - Isaiah 43:11 ~ I, even I, am the LORD [Jehovah]; and beside me there is no saviour.NT - 2 Peter 3:18 ~ But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory ... for ever.
    NT - 1 John 4:14 ~ And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

OT - Isaiah 45:21 ~ there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.NT - 1 Timothy 2:3 -5 ~ For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour ... the man Christ Jesus.
    NT - 2 Timothy 1:10 ~ But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ

OT - Isaiah 12:2 ~ Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is ... my salvation.NT - Acts 4:10 -12 ~ by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified ... Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
    NT - John 4:42 ~ And said unto the woman, ... this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

OT - Isaiah 42:8 ~ I am [Jehovah]: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.NT - 1 Corinthians 2:8 ~ for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
    NT - Hebrews 1:6 ~ And again, ... he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

OT - Exodus 34:14 ~ For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:NT - John 9: 38 ~ And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.
    NT - Acts 7:59 ~ And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. (Stephen prayed to Jesus)
    NT - 1 Tim. 3: 16 - ~ And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh

It should be obvious from the Old and New Testament scripture groupings above that the titles and terms for God such as Savior, Lord, and God are interchangeable in regards to Jesus and Jehovah. The next few scriptures should also eliminate all doubt:

John 20: 27-29 ~ Then saith he to Thomas, ... reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

John 14: 8-11 ~ Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father ... Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, shew us the Father?

John 14: 11 ~ Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me (This is true because they possess the same essence. This is not a silly new age metaphor; it is literally true)

While many Titles of God are interchangeable with regards to Jesus, the proper names of Jehovah and Jesus are not. This is because while Jesus & Jehovah (and the Holy Spirit) share the same essence, they have slightly different personalities. But, they constitute just one God. However, this is not a discussion about the Trinity per se, it is about Idolatry.

Because the Mormons and the Jehovah's Witnesses reject Jesus' claim to be the Alpha and the Omega (as well as the Almighty) in his revelation to John in Rev. 1: 8 ; Rev. 1: 11 ; Rev. 21: 6 ; Rev. 22: 13 , they apparently reason that God doesn't mind sharing his office as Savior with someone else, since he does this with Jesus. The Popes simply declare their own infallibility, and Mary as "Mediatrix" and then go on to promote themselves as necessary for Salvation. Consider:

"the [Watchtower] witness yet includes the invitation to come to Jehovah's organization for salvation." WT 11/15/81 pg. 21

"If it had not been for Joseph Smith and the restoration, there would be no salvation. There is no salvation outside The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" (Mormon Doctrine, p.670).

"There is one universal Church of the faithful, outside of which no one at all can be saved." - Pope Innocent III, Fourth Lateran Council

In reality, it would not matter one iota if the JW's or the Mormons really were the only sources of truth in the world and if the Pope really was infallible. The fact remains that the claim that Salvation is unique to them, (along with Jesus of course) constitutes blatant IDOLATRY according to numerous scriptures. God ALONE is responsible for our Salvation. The idea of Salvation being exclusive to a particular assembly should be just as repulsive to the believer as it would be to bow down to one of the demon gods of the heathen. (Romans 6: 16a)

The hard, cold fact of the matter is that multitudes of people worship their churches rather than God, or a least along side of God. When religious leaders cross the line and make their own church a sharer in Salvation, they make an idol out of their organization and become an ABOMINATION. God will tolerate no rivalry to Himself as Savior, with anyone or anything. It is wise to comply with his wishes.

Speaking to Jews, who in their own minds seemed justified by their organization of rules (instead of blood), God rebukes:

"And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God." - Luke 16: 15

Speaking to Christians, God warns similarly:

Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall. There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man...flee from idolatry. 1 Cor. 10:12-14

The "common" tendency of man is to ritually esteem something or someone instead of, or along side of God (like their own church). This is idolatry and is very easy to do, but it must be resisted. God will not tolerate it.... no way, no way, no way.

• designs
    designs

Perry-

Its called Abrogation, the claims by a group that wanted power at all costs and were willing to lie, steal and cheat their way to become a political and social force in the world. This group, led by self proclaimed Bishops, make the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses look like amatuers.

Revisionism and interpretation of the Jewish literature by these Gentiles is really one of the most shameful legacies of the socalled Christians.

Time to visit your local Synagogue and ask and learn.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Actually, any belief that Christ is outside a person is idolatry, a Golden Calf.

As far as Jehovah and Jesus are concerned, I don't see how anyone can reconcile the two personalities and say they are the same. Jesus hung out with the sinners and tax collectors and treated them with love. Jehovah would have either annihilated or rewarded them depending on whether or not they helped Israel gain more real estate.

• designs
    designs

Prodigal-

There are some really horrible accounts in the OT but as for comparing Jehovah and Jesus in terms of what is written in Jewish Literature and Christian Literature about the eventual outcome of the human family Jehovah wins hands down. Everybody gets to come to Gan Eden eventually greeted by grandpa Adam, early form of universalism born from the Jewish idea that all humans can be rehabilitated. Jesus on the otherhand sends some humans to Burn Forever in Hell, something no Jew believed and one of the reasons you know the NT is full of crap.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Hi designs... Yes I agree with you. Eden is the eventual destiny of everyone who has even a trace of God's spirit, but our egos can't go to such a place, otherwise there will just be more of the same crap as we have in this world. They would have to be dissolved in the symbolic Lake of Fire. We really don't need them anyway! Jesus' message was of course twisted by the Roman Church and they made everything literal and made him the ONLY "Son of God" or "Anointed One". It's pretty obvious what purpose that has served for them.....

"How well we know what a profitable superstition this fable of Christ has been for us and our predecessors."

~Pope Leo X, at a Good Friday banquet at the Vatican in 1514.

I actually believe the Gnostic interpretation of "Jehovah", that it comes from Iod-Havah, the male and female aspects of God, that reside within us....in other words, the Christ Spirit.

It's the MESSAGE, not the MAN!

• designs
    designs

Prodigal-

Quite the quote from Pope Leo X.

• Perry
    Perry
    Everybody gets to come to Gan Eden eventually greeted by grandpa Adam, early form of universalism born from the Jewish idea that all humans can be rehabilitated.

Universal salvation is a fantasy in both testaments.

Psalm 37:19-22 They will not be ashamed in the time of evil; And in the days of famine they will have abundance. But the wicked will perish; And the enemies of the Lord will be like the glory of the pastures, They vanish—like smoke they vanish away....those cursed by Him will be cut off.

Malachi 4:1-3 "For behold, the day is coming, burning like a furnace; and all the arrogant and every evildoer will be chaff; and the day that is coming will set them ablaze," says the Lord of hosts, "so that it will leave them neither root nor branch." "But for you who fear My name the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings; and you will go forth and skip about like calves from the stall. "And you will tread down the wicked, for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day which I am preparing," says the Lord of hosts.

• designs
    designs

Again Perry your ignorance of OT literature is telling.

Ask a Rabbi someday, you will be pleasantly surprised.

• Perry
    Perry

Question: What is the liklihood that a Jewish man claiming to be God manifest in the flesh would start a global belief in himself from a culture that believed in the oneness of God. Why not go to Egypt or Greece where people already believed in multiple Gods?

In reality Jesus never said he was Jehovah, he said that he and Jehovah were one. He performed acts that only the creator could do. He claimed to have authority to forgive sins, something only God can do. He claimed "all authority".

He was the eternal Son of God manifest in the flesh. Same essence, slightly different personality. Or he was the biggest liar and psycho-maniac who ever lived.

The common tendency of politically correct non-believers and heathens is to say that Jesus was a good man or a wise philosopher. This is utter non-sense in light of the facts. It is an impossibility. If Jesus wasn't God, he was neither good nor wise.

It's time people make up their minds.

Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

My personal testimony is that when I took Jesus up on his offer and opened the door to my heart, Jesus presented himself to me as fully alive. This what the Gospel offers .... proof by revelation. And, it is awesome!

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Perry, what good will it do Christians to wait for Jesus to come and save them? What has it done for them over the last 2,000 years, when Jesus said he is "coming quickly"? At this rate, we could easily have another 2,000 years of darkness and the Hell that Christianity has been.

I know it's a day late and a dollar short, but I just got this in my email this morning.... it's written by Neale Donald Walsch, author of "Conversations With God"......

Christmas is About YOU

http://spiritlibrary.com/neale-donald-walsch/christmas-is-about-you?utm_source=Spirit+Library+Updates&utm_campaign=4e8e6d0b17-Christmas_Update&utm_medium=email

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit