Were you given a good beating when you was a JW kid growing up in TRUTH

by Hairyhegoat 22 Replies latest social entertainment

• mochamint22
    mochamint22

Interesting topic, this one. Yes I was abused as a child. My dad wasn't a witness, though my mom was. On his part, I endured, physical emotional and sexual abuse while my mom acted like she didn't know it was going on. I remember when I was a little kid, him, on numerous occasions, bringing me in the room, locking it and lighting up a cig and telling me that he needed to make sure that nothing was wrong on my body. Then he would have me strip down and I'll leave the rest to your imaginations. One time he kicked my ass cause I came home from hanging with "friends" and they bought me some food- since we had no money from him squandering it on CRACK- and he beat me down cause I didn't bring back left overs from the food I got from DENNYS. Come on! After the beating, he told me that next time, if I eat out, I better not walk in the house without bringing something with me. I also remember getting my butt beat if I forgot to steal toilet paper from the bathroom at school. Again, broke from his crack activities. I also being literally in the middle of a fight between my parents cause he couldn't find my mom's purse to steal some money for drugs then he noticed that I had it (yeah i slept on the floor on this lame ass mattress with her purse under the blanket)

aaaah, fine memories, those.

On my moms part, (whos been baptized since like 82) i was emotionally and physically abused by her. Whatever instrument was within arm's reach, she used it on us kids. She had a famous thick wooden spoon which she put holes in and wrapped in electric tape that she would always pack for use at the meetings. There was also this very humiliating practice she had: If one of us fell asleep, she would make us stand up. And she was one of those that HAD to sit EVERY MEETING in the 2nd row from the FRONT. (Like she would get sooo pissed if sister kissup got there before her and TOOK her seat.) So the brother would be giving a talk and all of a sudden you'd see one of us standing up in the middle of the hall: so embarrassing. So yeah, I've been beaten with that wooden spoon, leather belts, the thick orange electric extension cords, the blinds turner thingy (ha ha), been sent outside to get a tree branch (and i better not had get a flimsy one) her hand, her fist, need I go on? The emotional abuse started as manipulation into being her little soldier dog that followed her around and did whatever she wanted, when she wanted and If I stepped out of line, thats when I got a tongue lashing and then the physical one. Then when I started to think independently from her, thats when the SHUNNING (but we know jws dont use that word) started. then I got DF'd and even though i was reinstated little over a year after that, it was never the same. I have a VERY toxic relationship with her to this day and I avoid contact w/her wherever possible. It's a shame she can't have a relationship with her granddaughters. It's her fault though, I don't need her poising my kids anymore than she already has. And I certainly don't want her beating my kids like she did me. Maybe its my fault though, since I strayed from the straight path. RIGHT...

Moe

• White Dove
    White Dove

My mom copied her dad in beating me and my sister with the belt for the most petty things: Squirm in my seat at meeting when a toddler and small child; set a bookbag on the couch; forget to wash the dishes or fold the laundry, etc.

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

My dad was a very good and gentle man, especially as he got older.....but nothing compared to the spanking I would get when I was just a little guy when I would talk during the meetings....or be restless. Dad would take me to the bathroom and whip me, and I really didn't understand what I was doing that was so wrong other than making too much noise........I saw it with others as I grew up too.

• VIII
    VIII

JWs love corporal punishment.

Recently my Mom and I got into a big argument about beating children. She said children just need to be beaten. (like she did to my sister and I). I said any parent now will be put into jail. You simply cannot beat or hit a child. On and on.

She also favored a wooden spoon and pulling our hair. Our father used a belt. He would stare at us and start to remove his belt, slowly. We had to stand there and watch while we knew we were going to get beaten with the belt.

As we got older and could out run our mom we would and realized running outside was the best way to evade capture and she wouldn't do it in front of the neighbors.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

yes,belt across my bare ass started when I was about 7 ranged from 6/10 lashes, stick as well, hand at the dinner table if the mood took him, my mum got on in the act as well sometimes, younger sister never got so much as a yelling, he also loved to humiliate marching me around neighbours/school/fellow members of the cong if I addressed him in a slightly wrong way, also got the usual bullshit of "he really loves you and it breaks his heart to have to punish you" or my sister used to say "oh every one got beatings back then it was just the way it was" no they never I knew ,many families who treated their kids in a loving normal environment,VIII exactly the same for me as well he used to remove his belt from his trousers slowly, it was his sick sexual kick, fucking bastard was sick, dead now .

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

Mum and dad are pretty cool loving parents who want me to became a full JW but never forced me to and being the only child was a bonus. I knew a childhood friend who had very strict parents, bed by 8pm, could not watch pg rated shows like the simpsons or soup operas,in his car when driving his mum around we only listened to kingdom hall melodies etc, now his all married and probably an elder but back then I recall him saying " im sick and tired of all this bullshit" talking about leaving the "truth" and renting an apartment away from his parents.

I dont believe in beatings that involves everything but open hand slaps on the face and/or beating children for no particular reason, mochamint22 thats terrible and others..

• clarity
    clarity

The pain on here is immense ... you can reach out and touch it.

So much empathy for you all ...& Zid I never knew...........

.."and the dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their...deeds". Rev20:12

clarity

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Yes.

I'm told my hearing loss is due to the physical abuse.

• ziddina
    ziddina

[Hi, Clarity!! 'waves'...]

Well, I just read thru this thread again, and I have a question for everyone...

Did you 'cut off' these abusers??? Have you TOTALLY removed them from your lives??? Did you ever hit them back?? Manipulate them back???

Did you ever get even - or at least give them a taste of their own medicine???

Whoops!! Off-topic??? Maybe I should split this off into another thread???

I'm asking this, because I fought back, not only physically, but also with psychological manipulation....

When I was in my early teens - 13 and up - I began throwing temper tantrums back at the assh*le and "Mommie Dearest", especially at the dinner table. I would shriek or snarl about how much I hated 'people' - "people" being a euphemism for "I hate your GAWD-DAMMED GUTS, you COWARDS AND BULLIES!!!"

I just about punched my father's lights out when I was 30 - shortly before I left the cult - because he was throwing a temper tantrum in the garage, throwing snow tire chains at my brother's truck. Both my brother and I charged him, and I was about to throw a hell of a punch - smash his face in - when "Mommie Dearest" comes tearing out into the garage, throws herself between dad and I like some cheesy "Zane Grey" heroine, and protects HIM from US...

Which delivered another moment of clarity to me... She never once raised a FINGER to protect ME FROM HIM, but when he was about to get a VERY well-deserved WHUPPING, she protected HIM!!!

Which showed me who REALLY mattered to her... After that, she had ABSOLUTELY NO claim on my affections or loyalty. I was done with them both!! That was SO FREEING!!! I no longer had to consider their wussy tender little feelings about ANYTHING - and believe me, I rode ROUGHSHOD right over them, from that point on.

Day - YAMM!!! I am STILL MAD ABOUT IT - some 30 years later!!! I still regret not punching "Mommie Dearest" out first, then tearing into that yellow-bellied coward-of-a-bully arsehole 'father' - biological sperm donor - of mine.

Anyway, I was just wondering why I seem to be the only one who TOTALLY DUMPED the abusive parent...

What was it, one of my non-JW relatives said to me, after I'd described the beatings and bullying I'd been subjected to?? Something about, "But they did the best that they could...", said with a sad little face, expecting me to do the "Christian" thing and forgive the monsters...

But what was my reply?? "They didn't do the best that they could - they did the WORST THAT THEY COULD GET AWAY WITH!!!" I ROARED at the non-JW relative...

BElieve you me, I got even... BOY, did I get even... I contacted EVERY non-JW relative of mine, and informed them of what had been going on, in that smugly self-righteous family system... I learned a LOT more about my toxic parents, too - MOST unflattering - even ILLEGAL - stuff...

Zid

• sabastious
    sabastious

The oddest thing I ever been beat with was a huge flimsy saw kind of like this one:

Just the flat side not the saw part.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit