Were you given a good beating when you was a JW kid growing up in TRUTH

by Hairyhegoat 22 Replies latest social entertainment

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

My dad used to use the kettle flex on me and my 2 other brothers, and if he was a bit drunk he would just come up to our room and thump us all in our beds!! My mom could be heard crying alot when we were growing up in the happy jw religion. Me dad was a lover of the rod as he got a good kicking when he was a kid from his dad!! So he new no diference, I rember my older brother saying after a beating he was going to kill dad when he was 18. What a nice JW family we were... only whilst at the meetings though. 1 face for the meetings and then at each others throats behind closed doors.. I new loads of elders kids who had to go through the same. Glad I'm out now and my kids have a better childhood than I did.

What's your story please share and expose these sicko's

HHG

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I was severely abused by my Bethelite father. My bro has cerebral palsy. When he was only about three, my father dangled him off the highest cliff in New Jersey. My brother's face was beet red. He begged so hard not to die. If he paniced a bit more, he would have plunged to the bottom. A crowd of people stood and stared. No one came to my brother's aid. He tried to throw me down stairs while I was in a full body cast. I was the scapegoat. We heard his actions were justified b/c he was a man, our overlord. He always had a loose association with WTS. I prayed with all my might that he go from door-t-door preaching, attend meetings and be an overseer. He played a major role at Bethel. My prayers were answered. He became even worse.

The actions were my father's. No one at Bethel told him to beat his entire family to a pulp. He was such a embarassment, too. If he went to my school for any reason, I was moritifed. I blame the Witnesses for allowing a culture of deference to men. This is not the place to detail specifics. It was horrific. It has shaped me in sad ways to this very day. He rejected me completely. As an adult, I can think of all sorts of psychological mechanisms. I am certain he was abused by his Witness father. A child only wants to please. If I were just good enough, he would behave.

Anything that was precious to me was taken away from me. I hid my desires for protection. He took away favorite TV shows. The Man from U.N.C.L.E. was not his fare but he made a big point of watching it with the sounds up loud. I had a rape monitoring system imposed by a county agency. He would spend countless hours preparing Catholic poison. His actions in the neighborhood spoke more loudly than his antiCatholic witness. He was tight with Knorr and Franz and Henshel. We knew there was no help. He kicked tiny dogs in the head down the basement stairs. Of course, he never kicked a pit bull or Rotweiller.

The Rutherford years with their hatred of women forged him. I sought help from a teen fashion mag which told me to telephone a social welfare agency. Countless times I walked very far to a public telephone. Thoughts of not being obedient and fears of Jehovah striking me with lightning made me give up. I crumpled the letter to hide it from my parents. My mother, ever the spy, found it and sought help. This is very painful to recall. Authority should never be worshipped without question. The Witness isolation made our isolation much worse.

College was my salvation. My teachers encouraged me to apply. He knew it was my goal so he decided to pull me out of college. Soon I was preparing to go to a foster home. I did not feel I'd be safe from him. Something in me snapped. I was no longer docile. Matters were escalating. Other students were getting me knives and guns through orders. I started defending myself with new vigor. Lying was bad but ok to lie to teachers about deep bruises. Shortly before he died, he trapped me in the bathroom so I could watch him die b/c I was so bad I was responsible. He had agina pains. The fool let it get out of hand in his quest to be destroy me. I screeched with all my might. Thankfully, the police arrived. He actually pulled on some clothes and popped a nitro pill. What a thing to do to your child! Other girls could be their father's princes. I lived in a dark, hopeless land with no bodily integrity.

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

What you went through is alot worse than me. I feel for you and it takes great strength to post something like this.

Love from the HHG

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

What you went through is alot worse than me. I feel for you and it takes great strength to post something like this.

Love from the HHG

• ziddina
    ziddina

Good grief, Band!!!

What a MONSTER!!!

There does indeed seem to be something about the Watchtower Society that brings out abusive behavior - perhaps it's a case of the drones imitating "Mother"...

As I was growing up in the cult, I experienced physical, emotional, and psychological abuse from both "baptised-as-Jehovah's-Witnesses" parents. My father hit, kicked and slapped me frequently while I was growing up. Picture a grown man kicking a little nine-year-old-girl in the shins with his steel-toed work boots - that usually happened at the dinner table.

Most of the abuse took place during those infamous "family bible studies"... Yeah, that's the behavior to entrench your children into the cult, all right... He knocked me unconscious when I was 17 because I tried to be the "peacemaker" in a squabble he was having with my grandmother - his mother-in-law...

And all the while, my idiot mother was telling me, "But your father REALLY LOVES YOU!!!"

Of course, it turned out that SHE was the 'master manipulator' in our family; much of my father's foul moods probably originated from her emotional manipulation.... Oh, and "Mother" Watchtower's fear-mongering and manipulation, too... I grew up in the pre-1975 period of hysteria...

BOTH parents were manic-depressive, just to give you the picture... After being raised by those two monsters, I prefer the term "manic-depressive" to "bi-polar", because the former term just delivers a more vivid mental image...

But they shot themselves in the foot, in so many ways... Because they were such monsters, I lost ALL love that I might have had for them. They seemed to think that, no matter HOW much they abused me, that I would continue to "love" them - and would allow them to walk all over me...

Boy, were THEY ever wrong...

I finally escaped in my early 30's - I went into therapy, and began to realize just how destructive their behavior was - and that the Watchtower Society was a GEN-U-INE CULT... Within 3 years, I was so furious at their mistreatment of me, that I was ready to totally cut myself off from them - the "threat" of "shunning", intimidation and manipulation by the Watchtower Society was TOTALLY ineffective at forcing me back into the cult... In fact, I am GRATEFUL for the "shunning" edict - it keeps THEM AWAY FROM ME!!!!

After finding out about still MORE monstrous manipulation, lies and endangerment that I won't go into, here, my final words to my mother were, "I don't EVER want to hear from you people again!!!! I will NOT EVEN ATTEND YOUR FUNERALS!!!! You were NEVER MY PARENTS - you just used me as a WHIPPING POST - and I will NEVER TALK TO YOU AGAIN!!!!!!"

I have never spoken with them, since. Mommie Dearest sends me some cutesy little "non-birthday" card, every year, around my birthday, but this year I sent back a letter that must have seared their fingers when they read it. I don't expect to receive ANYthing from them, in future...

My experiences weren't unique - I personally witnessed several child-beating incidents committed by "good" Jehovah's Witnesses, while growing up. Of the children who were thusly abused, I suspect that most left the cult as soon as they could. Which meant still more membership loss for the Watchtower boys and the Gov.Bod - I love it when abusive peoples' and abusive organizations' behavior TOTALLY BACKFIRES on them!!!

Zid

• designs
    designs

Not me personally but one of my best friends in the congregation I grew up in was beaten regularly by his father who was the assistant Overseer.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Yes. My father was a physical abuser of all his children and his wife (my mother).

While my dad was an elder, two of my siblings were removed from the home by the police and placed in the care of Child Protective Service (one was taken in about 1980 and the other about 10 years later. Horrible to hear my dad's testimony in court trying to defend his extreme behaviour. The elders stood by him in support.

Band on the Run wrote: Anything that was precious to me was taken away from me. I hid my desires for protection.

Same in my family. My dad seemed to take delight in smashing our favorite things while we watched. He had this really strange expression on his face as soon as he finished. Like he really enjoyed what he had just done and enjoyed seeing our terrified and crushed faces.

I also took to either hiding my favorite things or not letting on how important they were to me for fear that they would be the next things smashed or otherwise destroyed.

btw - BOTR, I also grew up in New Jersey. Bergen County. Wonder if we have crossed paths.

-Aude.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Of course, it turned out that SHE was the 'master manipulator' in our family;
    much of my father's foul moods probably originated from her emotional manipulation.....Zid

We had the same Mother?..

"I`ll get you My Pretty..And..Your Little Dog too!"..

.................... ...OUTLAW

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Yes, I was beaten and abused, physically by my father, and emotionally by my mother. She is still an emotional blackmailer. I think this scarred my sister to witness. It totally affected my relationship with men to this day. No trust. I just can't completely trust anyone. That is what parental abuse does.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I had my fair share of whoopins, I remember one time my dad grabbed me by the ankle and the floor was where the ceiling was supposed to be, and the ceiling was where the floor was supposed to be. I was always getting yelled at both in front of people, and at home. Beatings with the belt, or his hands, slapped to the floor, emotionally ripped apart, self esteem in the gutter, etc.. It was rough at times. One thing nowadays that him and I both laugh at, is the last whoopin he intended to give me. He went to do his damage, and I just looked at him. I wasn't crying or screaming for him to stop. I simply looked at him and went, "It doesn't hurt man." At that point he realized he'd have to adjust his punishing methods. I was starting to come into my own physically. It's strange because he's close to me now, he's like my best friend. But its been difficult putting some of his tactics behind me. I have a little resentment.

I don't 100% blame him, because his upbringing was messed up. I'm sympathetic towards blacks from "those days." They went through some things that I could never imagine. I've never met my grandfather, but from what I've heard about him, he was nuts and abusive. A combination of that and my dad's military background gave birth to a tough disciplinarian. He was really hard on me some days. When I was in middle school, I walked to a bridge one day, and strongly considered jumping. Looking back the only thing that stopped me from jumping was knowing that somebody else jumped off the same bridge and survived and as a result is mentally and physically disabled. I'm glad I didn't jump. Too many good times I've had both during my childhood and now. Its strange how when we're going through rough times, it seems like forever. However, when we get past that, it seems like such a brief time. I wonder at times, if I have children, will I whoop them? I don't know. Not to turn this into something racial, but black folks whip their kids. I don't know if its always a good thing or a bad thing. Its hard to tell at times. Youth today lack discipline, but how much is warrented and how its administered is debateable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit