Ok, so there is a gap in my reasoning ... but that's a good thing

by Simon 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

I was going to post a 'Welcome' message for all the new people who may have got a computer for Christmas and are making their first forray into the online world.

Of course, not many JWs are going to be getting a computer or much else for Christmas right?

Kinda-strange for me to forget about such a big thing like that eh?! It's pretty good though to have moved on so that the JW indoctrinated mindset isn't the first thing that springs to mind.

Hope you're all having a great Christmas and wherever you are in the recovery process that you feel a little bit better today than you did yesterday, more free and relaxed than you did last year and looking forward to your new life in 2011.

There's going to be lots of changes coming for this site hopefully in the next week or so and probably continuing over the next year. Glad to have you with us !

• Woody22
    Woody22

Thank You Simon and a MERRY Christmas to you and your family.

Woody22

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays for all.

My grandmother called today and thanked me for a gift I sent to her. She said she doesn't want to offend my JW wife so she didn't send even a card. She asked if it's okay to do that now. I told her anything she decided to do would be okay with me.

It made me pause and think how the cult changed people around me. I am happier with the openness about it.

• Curtains
    Curtains

merry chirstmas to you and your family simon.

• mouthy
    mouthy

DR Simon & nurse Angie ((((HUGS)) to you & yours.
    Happy Christmas & a HEALTHY HAPPY Peaceful new year
    Thank you VERY MUCH for giving us this site.It is a LIFESAVER!!!!for youAngies

• I quit!
    I quit!

Merry Christmas to you and your family Simon. I'm sure your having a white Christmas where you live.

OnTheWayOut, Witnesses like to think they are persecuted for beliefs when in fact in many cases their friends and relatives are walking on eggs so as not to offend their over the top sensitivies. You really start to see this one you are out. Have wonderful Christmas.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Merry Christmas!!..

Simon,Angharad,the Boys..

And. .

JWN..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Merry Christmas Simon and thank you for this forum it has been a great help in my recovery.

OTWO:

Just the other day my neighbor told us how nice it is not to have to worry about what to say to us when different holidays rolled around. She was walking on eggshells.

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

Yes thank you for the forum! It DOES aid in recovery! Sorry I was such a dick before!

• moshe
    moshe

Thank you Simon for a great 5 years worth of personal growth and fighting debating matches here.

I love your Xmas tree Outlaw- it looks like the UFO's delivered everything you asked for.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit