Shock readjustment of seating arrangements at Bethel Morning Worship

by MrMonroe 14 Replies latest jw friends

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

It's true! According to a December 13 announcement at http://stuffofinteresttojws.blogspot.com/2010/12/good-news-from-hq-new-governing-body.html:

The Branch Committee has decided on a new arrangement during Morning Worship…wherein the different brothers on the branch committee will transfer to sit at a different table every two months.
    This will give opportunity for more of the family to get to know their branch committee members better.

Wow! and Wow! A few years back my family was invited by relatives who were Bethel inmates to spend a couple of nights at the Australian Bethel. Breakfast was just embarrassing: we made the stupid mistake of thinking we could sit wherever we liked at the table (sorry, all seating places are allocated by the Head of the Table, who is deputised by a Foot of the Table), we infuriated the Head of the Table by passing the food in the wrong direction around the table!!! and because I was trying to dish out food on to my little kids' plates, the plates didn't make their way all around the table before the prayer started, which then led to the Smugness Session. There was a big electronic clock up on the wall counting down as well ... I couldn't work out whether I was surrounded by Nazis or robots.

So now they have come up with a New Arrangement, probably debated over for many hours and, naturally, made after "prayerful consideration". Imagine if it was all true and it was THESE GUYS running a post-Armageddon New Order. We'd be allocated time to crap each morning and be given directions on whether to scrunch or fold the toilet paper. Is there no end to their regimentation???

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

It's pure craziness.... They've got to watch the clock because eating your morning meal is eating into their production profits. More eating and less work makes for reduced production dollars.

Makes me think of slavery.....

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

This way ones can get to know and look up in worshipful admiration to their branch committee members.

• Gayle
    Gayle

This was probably more exciting to them than the new light about "overlapping" generation(s).

• steve2
    steve2

Or, you could conclude that finally they're trying to bring in a little more flexibility by rotating the seating arrangement. Are you really trying to make something out of this?

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

This is a classic example of shooting blanks when it comes to ideas. It just shows how far removed from Christ they really are. Wow, for a second I thought this was a humor thread of April Fool's Day proportions. But, its true. Buncha Homer Simpsons running this organization.

• minimus
    minimus

Jehovah's celestial chariot

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Jehovah's celestial chariot

LOL, exactly!! With snow tires!!

• whereami
    whereami

Bethel inmates

LOL!!!! So true.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Always a warning flag when an institution has to mandate how best to relate to one another. One hopes the mythical Jesus would have been doing it already and more often than not would be eating down at the local drug rehab centre or chilling with normals at a Burger King. Sigh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit