Secret Santa 2010 update

by nugget 14 Replies latest jw friends

• nugget
    nugget

Just thought I'd check in to see if anyone has received their gifts yet. In the UK the country has ground to a halt due to the snow so it is likely that gifts to and from abroad are sitting in a snowy terminal somewhere, but I want to be sure that things were going smoothly elsewhere.

Also thanks for all our fabulous cards I have now run out of shelf space it is awesome.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I'm not in this years secret santa, but I can say as an online retailer it's taking about a week for things to get from England to Scotland but certain other things seem totally unaffected. It's all rather bizarre! Merry xmas!

• garyneal
    garyneal

I've sent two gifts, one under my name and the other under my daughter's.

As far as I can tell, only the gift under my daughter's name was confirmed to be received by the recipient. The one under my name was confirmed to be delivered by the carrier (FedEx) but no signature was required. I have no idea if that gift was received or not.

As far as receiving gifts, I got the one for my daughter and I placed it under the tree. I did not yet get the one for me.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Gary it was great to get you & daughters cards also....I wrote her.( not you)How old is she ?

• blondie
    blondie

My gifts came. The paperweights have a place of honor with my other precious ones. The book sits next to my reading chair. I am resisting opening it (reading it) until Friday night. Thanks, Secret Santa.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Mouthy: 4

I tried to get her to sign the cards I sent out in her name, but she gets bored easily so I ended up doing the rest.

• mouthy
    mouthy

4 Oh just a baby!!!! thanks Gary!!!!

• tec
    tec

She's only 4? I wrote to her like she was older than that. Silly me.

I got my secret santa gift, btw.

Tammy

• garyneal
    garyneal
    She's only 4? I wrote to her like she was older than that. Silly me.

Four going on 30 we say. She is actually very articulate in her speach and quite smart. I think she is going to catch on to the Santa thing earlier than I did (I was 8). Someone at church told me she is going to be a thinker. That's my goal.

• cantleave
    cantleave

It's great to see secret santa gifts are arriving.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit