The Catholic Perspective

by sabastious 139 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Are you familiar with the terms: Quantum fluctuations of nothingness? Chemical evolution? How about prebiotic evolution? This is what is taught at Harvard. Look them up, Google is your friend. All I did was strip them of the mumbo jumbo and used plain English. Remember, if you believe in evolution, you cannot escape the conclusion that we evolved from rocks. An absurd idea.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Are you familiar with the terms: Quantum fluctuations of nothingness? Chemical evolution? How about prebiotic evolution? This is what is taught at Harvard. Look them up, Google is your friend. All I did was strip them of the mumbo jumbo and used plain English. Remember, if you believe in evolution, you cannot escape the conclusion that we evolved from rocks. An absurd idea.

Nice try, I really do give you an A for effort, you might even mislead a few with that silver tongue of yours.

Fact is, you have no facts, just the implication of facts.

If we did indeed evolve from rocks and it can be demonstrated then it would be true. Just because something sounds absurd doesn't mean it is, pshh.

If you have found an error in a scientific theory you should submit it to peer review and see how it does.

No?

Then quiet down and continue this deep study of evolution you seem quite apt to heavily imply you have actually done or are doing.

-Sab

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Please enlighten this poor benighted soul. From what basic material did we evolve?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Please enlighten this poor benighted soul. From what basic material did we evolve?

Ah see! You are doing it again...

I am not debating evolution. I am debating whether or not you know what you are talking about in regards to evolution.

You see, if you were indeed versed in the theory of evolution your argument would not be so overly simplistic.

I'm not trying to be mean, I was just concerned when you took those two jabs at science.

Do you not like science? There are some bastard scientists out there since the industry seems to attract rabid thinking type folk. They sometimes forget that their findings can step on the toes of some people's beliefs. When those people, rightly disgruntled, express concern to the scientists they are insensetive to the feelings of the believer. They think their findings should be taken as is right there and now. Problem is it takes time for wounds to heal when the facts supercede a certain previous conviction.

How do you think the people 400 years ago felt when they firmly believed that the world was flat? Those people had emotions just like us today and felt like crap when it was proven that they were completely wrong for all their lives.

I'm just saying I understand the anger, but let me say this:

There is a difference between evolution and evolutionists, huge difference.

Evolution is like the Water Cycle in regards to it's purpose. Animals evolve, we know this, Evolution is the science that explains it.

Evolutionists are people who have turned Evolution Science into some sort of radical group that tries to preach the non existence of God. Of course these evolutionists exist because the believers attacked them so suddenly when Evolution was discovered.

-Sab

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

I asked a simple question. If you don't know the answer, why not just say so? Have I stepped on your toes? Are you feeling like crap?

I love science. I keep an open mind about it. It is open enough that I am not beholden to philosophical naturalism. BTW, I still would like to know what we evolved from. Rocks, air, water? What? Does it matter which? Even if it doesn't matter, enquiring minds want to know.

I can guarantee that I know more about evolution than you do about Biblical theology. As I said before, it is nonsense to measure theology with secular humanism. Further, most of your premises on the subject are in error.

• DJPoetech
    DJPoetech

If we believe death is the ultimate end result, life thus becomes the means to death.

• bohm
    bohm

MD: "Remember, if you believe in evolution, you cannot escape the conclusion that we evolved from rocks"

"I can guarantee that I know more about evolution than you do about Biblical theology. "

In which case, please enlighten us by answering following:

• Describe how the theory of evolution presuppose that we evolved from rocks.
    • Is a soup of amino acids a rock?
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Sebastious: This is an interesting thread. I started out Roman Catholic. I don't think I would ever go back (I am sick of religion), I may do a little reading about them in my spare time. The JWs always knocked them but are starting to resemble them as time goes on.

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

For the third time, where did the material that gave rise to life come from? If I am so wrong correct me. Where did the material that formed the amino acids come from? Just tell me and I will correct the earlier statement.

Why are you all having such a hard time answering such a simple question? Silly me, Bohm is still trying to figure out the meaning of the word "believe".

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I asked a simple question. If you don't know the answer, why not just say so? Have I stepped on your toes? Are you feeling like crap?

There's that debate tactic I have been seeing everywhere, it involves an obvious question that is designed to set up a point. Problem is if the person being asked doesn't want to debate the topic of which the question is derived from they simply decline to answer for said reason.

Then you do exactly what everyone else does when their question doesn't get answered, they attack the other party for "not answering a simple question."

Let me state this again, more simply this time since you seem to favor simple ways of stating things:

Evolution is the study of a documented process. Animals evolve, if you love science you would agree on this simple truth.

That said, the intricacies of how animals evolve is still under deep study and will likely change drastically over time.

I'm not falling into your trap of debating over specifics of the science of evolution. My only hard point is that evolution exists and you seem to feel that one needs to "believe" in evolution and that is flat inaccurate. I'm sure you have discovered many legitimate holes in evolutionary theory, but that by no means discredits evoltion.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit