Christmas weekend with the JWs

by wifeofjw 12 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

There's give and take in all marriages. You have to split time between your family and his family during breaks from the regular schedule of work/school/etc. Just because JWs don't celebrate the holidays doesn't mean they don't use that time to visit family and arrange trips. I don't see a big deal about being fair to your husband and agreeing to do what he wants over the holiday vacation once in a while.

But... Blondie's quote is very telling. It really shows just what JWs really think of "wordly" people, even unbelieving relatives. You are the wife of an MS, but you are still worldly. No matter how much they may pretend to accept you, they really don't. They're hoping to love bomb you into accepting their beliefs.

That's not to say that there aren't some really nice people at the congregation. There are. It's just that they've been indoctrinated to think much like the quote suggests. Non-JWs are "worldly" and part of Satan's world. They feign kindness and friendliness to sell you their religion. Once they realize that you're never going to join and that you actually oppose their beliefs they will, without doubt, cut you off and will no longer socialize with you.

If you can associate with them and let the JWness of your husband's friends roll off your back and not get involved in the religious aspect of it all, I applaud you and your desire to accomodate your husband and his lifestyle. I just hope that he gives you the same consideration.

• I quit!
    I quit!

It might work out ok for you because they will be on their best behavior in front of you because they want to lure you in. Now if you were a former JW like most of us it would be different. They would probably make asses out of themselves by ignoring you the whole time because that is how their god the Watchtower tells them to act. Personally spending Christmas with a bunch of JWs would ruin it for me. I don't know what to compare it to. Maybe a weekend in Vegas with the Almish.

No matter how much they may pretend to accept you, they really don't. They're hoping to love bomb you into accepting their beliefs.

Just what I was thinking Undercover

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Nothing extra to add, except to say I hope you have a great time at the resort, and Merry Christmas!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit