Christmas weekend with the JWs

by wifeofjw 12 Replies latest jw friends

• wifeofjw
    wifeofjw

I have been married 10 years and I have been with my family and the non-jw in laws for Christmas. This year the hubby asked me to go to a resort with a bunch of JWs over the Christmas week. I said yes. Maybe it was not the best idea, but I love my hubby and thought once might not be too bad.

What do you think?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Going to a resort is a great idea. Going with a bunch of other JWs is not. Next time, just go to a resort with only your husband.

W

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder how they reconcile this with the WTS admonition?

This is a quote from Kingdom Ministry, 6/89

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/64670/1/How-serious-did-you-take-stuff-like-this

WHOLESOME
    ASSOCIATION

5 One cannot walk with God while running in association with those of the wicked and sick society that approves of everything that God abhors. The Bible warns: "Bad associations spoil useful habits." (1 Cor. 15:33) Some in the congregation may be inclined to invite worldly acquaintances and unbelieving relatives who have no interest in the truth to social gatherings, thinking that this will encourage them to accept the truth. However, is this wise and in harmony with the Scriptures?
  • yknot
    yknot

I am sure you will have fun.....

What sort of resort? (golf, ski, beach or spa?)

• mamalove
    mamalove

What kind of JW's are they? What is your idea of a good vacation? Will you still get to do some kind of Christmas?

• wifeofjw
    wifeofjw

Wow Blondie! I did not know about this one. My hubby is a MS and I'm invited to almost everything. I was never a JW and I have debated with a couple Elders at the hall. I think they know I'll never become a JW so they let me ride along to keep the hubby happy...maybe?

I really love the people at my husbands hall. I'm just so sad that they are trapped.

• wifeofjw
    wifeofjw

Ynot it is on the lake. I hope to get to the spa:)

mamalove I'm not sure what kind of JWs they are, but they are always very nice to me. I would rather just have a weekend with me and the hubby. I did celebrate with family already. No CHristmas with them I'm sure.

• yknot
    yknot

Load up your e-reader just in case......

Bring some boardgames too.....

Just treat the Dubbies like anyone else..... being treated with the expectation of them being normal is good for them!

Above all enjoy yourself!

• carla
    carla

Would he go with you to something of your choice with family? say a Christmas gathering?

also marking for Blondie's quote

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

We did that once but we were all in. We spent Christmas vacay with some JW friends at a cabin in VA and then went to Cleveland. And....we exchanged presents! No tree but we did have eggnog and ice cream with Bailey's, lol! You might be surprised. Yknot's right, just treat them like their normal. Even though saying that assumes they're not, lol! But in my experience, being out of town and away from prying eyes makes a JW more relaxed and normal than they usually are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit