HOW DE JUDGE STOLE CHRISTMAS.....

by Mary 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

With Christmas approaching thought of bumping this great post by Mary.

Bangalore

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Thank you for reposting it. It is one of the most enjoyable posts. Such skill that I lack. Ultimately, ridicule may be the best way to combat R. and his ilk.

As a child, the neighbor would invite my brother and I to pose under their Xmas tree. They would take photos and hand us the kids' toys as props. Ah, it was something to hold an actual, adorable doll and then in five minutes to place back it under the tree where some other little girl would get to love it when Christmas came. I would like to know if there is any born-in who actually received toys all year. I never did.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Mary and Snowbird, Great work!

To BOTR: My parents were pretty good about giving me toys. My mom took advantage of Jan. sales and usually bought several. My dad bought me several new bicycles and other nice things. As a child, I came down with severe cases of Measles, Mumps, Whooping cough, and tonsilitis. (dog sick for 2 weeks each) I was thrilled when she brought home a wrapped present those times. Not everything about my upbringing was bad and I never had a doubt they loved me. That's partly why I became a true believer dispite our highly dysfunctional household.

• Mary
    Mary

LOL!! I didn't realize this had been bumped.......I think I'll send a copy to Crooklyn for Christmas. LOL!!

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bumping this as Christmas is approaching.

Bangalore

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

"Not fair! De Judge is too drunk to defend himself against these baseless accusations."

No! De Judge is too dead...

JV

• Mary
    Mary

It's that time of year again to bump de Judge.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Very Nice, good job

To think I gave up Christmas for thirty years because of a mean drunk.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Mary:

Very good!

I always felt the real reason the religion is down on holidays and especially Christmas, is because a person spends time around relatives and friends who are not judging them and who love them no matter what they believe. Never mind the "pagan" garbage. Everything has pagan origins: the days of the week among other things.

The religion is afraid that if a JW wakes up to this fact and becomes aware of how happy they are enjoying food and company of non-judgmental people and how they can be themselves and contrast that with how miserable they are in the religion, they will walk away from the religion.

All these "pagan" claims are simply to justify to unsuspecting people why they shouldn't celebrate holidays and should spend more miserable time isolated in the kingdom hall around backstabbers pretending to be their "brothers". They want people to throw their real family away for this phony one.

AND WITH THAT: EVERYBODY MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A HAPPY, HAPPY CHRISTMAS!

• clarity
    clarity

Mary ... been wondering where you were? Nice to

hear from you again .... I miss your wonderful input

on here!!!!!

This xmas poem is brilliant and to the point,... luv it!

LongHairGal ... you are so right ... if we had kept in touch

with all our "worldly" family .... we would have been wisely

encouraged to RUN from that harsh joyless phony religion!

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit