The Bethel "Generation of 1914"

by cabasilas 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I was wondering if I could ask a favor of some JWN posters?

At the moment, I don't have the WT Library CD available. I know some of these people on the 1984 Watchtower cover had their life stories told in various Watchtower in the past. I imagine most of these life stories are in the 60s. I'd be interested in what issues these stories appeared? If someone would want to add what year they were born (if mentioned in the article) that'd be great. Many thanks!

• agonus
    agonus

Great talk. Splane totally stammers his way through an explanation he clearly knows is nonsense.

• cantleave
    cantleave

This should go into the "best of" section, as a reminder of the lies and failings of this evil cult.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

First one cabasilas

Wt 66 10/16 636

As told by George D. Gangas

I WAS born on February 17, 1896, in an insignificant town of Asia Minor named New Ephesus

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Very enlightening thread, thanks for the sharing of the recording of David Splane's talk.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Thanks, Bluesbrother!

One friend has contacted me and said she has a couple more names to add to the list of those on the cover. When I get these, I'll post them here too and then eventually will update the blog article to reflect the additional names and the brief biographical stuff posted from here. Again, thanks!

• asilentone
    asilentone

Cabasilas, Johnny Errichetti worked at the Laundry dept.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

@asilentone, I worked in the Factory (most of the time on the night shift in the bindery -- Smyth Sewing Dept) so most of my memories are from there. Right now, I don't remember him, sorry. My memories are fading on some points and some others are crystal clear. One good friend I knew who worked in the Laundry dept was Lauren Sanborn. He had been my housekeeper (I had a room in the Towers when the Society was just leasing floors and didn't own it yet and they put male housekeepers over there for awhile) and then he got transferred to the Laundry.

Anyone else have a WT Library CD handy. I know that the Hannans (George and Mary) had their life stories in the WT and also Babbette Herrlinger. I'm looking for the particular issues they were published in and, if possible, their birth year if it's mentioned. As I recall, all 3 go back to Russell's day.

• processor
    processor

Hannan, George E.: w70 56-61

Birth year not mentioned, but 1914 was his first year at high school

Hannan, Mary: w68 217-221

Birth year also not mentioned, but "high school days were over" in 1915

Herrlinger, Babette: w69 53-56

born 1894

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Processor, thanks for the references! Much appreciated!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit