Got "THE letter" ....how to proceed?

by 2pink 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Will Power
    Will Power

I'd send them a CEASE AND DESIST letter exactly like the ones the WT sends out to silence critical websites. Change to wording to personalize, but give them a taste of their own medicine.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/98096/1/Watch-Tower-sues-Quotes-for-24100-000-plus-plus-plus

wp

• Scully
    Scully

You can get called out on the carpet for much less.

When we first realized the WTS was full of $h!t, we rightly suspected that putting some harmless seasonal decorations on our front porch would get some attention from the Elders™. It was September, the leaves were starting to change, and we put out a bale of hay, some decorative gourds (no pumpkins), and hung a bunch of colourful maize on the door, tied with a dark orange-red bow.

A couple of days later, some Elder™'s wife phoned to say she couldn't talk to me anymore because she "heard" that we put out Hallowe'en decorations. I said, "Really?? Whoever told you that is a LIAR, because what we put on our porch has NOTHING to do with Hallowe'en. Everything is harvest related, and I'm really offended that people are so quick to judge me and my family, based on someone's malicious gossip and lies. And while I'm on the subject, I don't care if you never speak to me again if you can't even be bothered to find out the truth of a matter before you make up your mind to act on a stupid malicious rumour that you've heard from a liar."

The sucking up that followed was rather entertaining.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Roll the letter up into a tight tube and send it back to them, along with a small jar of vaseline.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

LOL Scully. That's awesome.

Btw, I've been meaning to ask but keep forgetting. What does your avatar say? I have theories but nothing certain.

Girl is a friend

God is a fiend

Cyril is a tool

The more I look the more different things I can get out of it.

• Scully
    Scully

Mad Sweeney

Here it is, full size from the Positive Atheism website:

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I say stand your ground and let them do whatever, tell them you found factual evidence that the WTS. organization is a identifiable fraud

and based on that you have no desire to return.

Elders as its known love to DF people because of the self recognizable power it offers toward them.

If you want these dumb assholes hounding you forever while your living where you are, I'd tell them to do as they please and try and deal with

the fore going results.

You dipped your toes into that tainted water, nows the time to pull your feet up and shake them off.

Boot this disingenuous corrupt publishing company to the curb and start living an honest and wholesome life within reality.

• oompa
    oompa

i do know this firsthand...if you say no you are not going to meet....they do not even have to tell you there is a JC formed or a meeting planned...i think the wussy elders love this tactic....they do what they want to without any questioning on your part...no stress....no confrontation.....they do not even have the need to explain themselves......oompa

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

they do not even have to tell you there is a JC formed or a meeting planned

Really , I thought they usually are suppose to acknowledge to the accused person, that a JC will be formed even if they do not

attend and a decision will be reached on their standing within the organization.

• LV101
    LV101

seems years ago A. F. (Alan) posted some info on what to do but who knows if applicable today. I'd use my legal rights (if any against illegal businesses d/b/a religion). I'd go after them for causing undue stress both while attending and NOW. people must stand up to this bullying.

LV101

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

If they're hardasses about it in your area (DF quickly even when nobody acknowledges them), send a lawyer their way, WT legal will tell them to stop it.

Otherwise just ignore them especially if there is nobody you care about in the congregations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit