Got "THE letter" ....how to proceed?

by 2pink 41 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

You may ant to use a variation of this letter: http://www.docbob.org/wordpress/?p=22

You may also want to contact Bob for advice.

Good luck, and let us know what happens.

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

Just wondering what religion is the Halloween related to? Is it still existing religion? Is there religious content related to Halloween in similar way than to wedding rings for example?

CP

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Fading and putting jack-o-lanterns on your porch isn't a good mix. Just accept that they'll put you out, and don't bother giving them any response.

W

• zoiks
    zoiks

They can't kick you out if you don't cooperate.

Yes, they can. If a judicial hearing has been scheduled, it can go on without the accused being there. Plenty of people have been disfellowshipped in absentia. It may not be official policy, but it can and does happen.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

If you quit your job and went on with your life, and then months/years later you got a letter from your old employer summoning you to the office because they don't like something you're doing now, how would you react? Probably, you'd just have a good laugh at their expense, and rightly so, because that's ridiculous.

That is a great analogy and one I have never thought of before!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

If there are "false" religious holidays, then it stands to reason there must be "true" religious holidays. Maybe you could ask them to point out the difference so you know which ones you are allowed to celebrate.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

guess you got a trick not a treat

• undercover
    undercover

Fading is an art unto itself. It can't be done in a short period of time. And it can't be done by putting holiday decorations up the first year you quit meetings.

But it is what it is... you've been busted...

If you're through with the WTS BS, save yourself some time and money... don't respond to the letter, don't show up at the meeting, don't interact with them at all. The only authority they have is that what you allow them to have. If you don't allow them any, then they don't have any. So they may DF you in absentia. And then JW contacts will shun you. True friends don't shun based on announcement from a pulpit. A real friend will reach out and want to be there and to help. You'll find that you didn't really have many real friends in the JW circle.

The worst part is dealing with JW family. Even then you'll have to accept that they have picked the WTS over you.

If one can fade and avoid all that JC mess, great. If not, then it's time to cut all ties and move on.

Of course, if they continue to harrass you about it and you know you're going to be DFd, you might as well give em hell and take out some restraining orders against them.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have read some legal sounding letters on this board, but somehow I doubt that the massive Legal Desk in Brooklyn would be feared by them . They always say that they are on good grounds legally, provided local elders follow instructions to the letter. If they took action it would no doubt be a disassociation whereby they say that you left them, so they can announce that you left them voluntarily, and they just acknowledge that fact...

If you won this round, do you want to be in fear of them forever?

Frankly, one cannot decorate the house at holidays and still maintain "fellowship" with dubs...I would let it happen and move on.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I don't understand people that blatantly put up holiday decorations for all to see and then come screaming here on advice as to what they should do when the elders ask them to attend a JC about the offense.

I get you no longer want to be a part of the JW cult, good, but you say that you don't want to be DF'd to associate with the family and friends that you're still close to. If you want to play by their rules, i.e. stay away from being DF'd then you need to play by ALL of their rules or at least don't be so public with your displays of rebellion.

Plain and simple.

IMO, just leave, sounds like you aren't hanging out a lot with those still in, so what's it matter anyway?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit