Keep on asking, seeking, knocking. Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

by sinis 12 Replies latest jw friends

• sinis
    sinis

Yep, thats about as much of the Bible as I care to believe in, or quote, except "you will know the truth and the truth will set you free". The only two verses I care for. The Bible is BS, religion is BS, and the JW's are the ultimate form of BS. With this sites help it has been a cleansing experience. I remember when I first started to fade, that I felt guilt and that I was going to be struck dead by YHWH at any moment. Then after some time the guilt went away, but I still hung onto JW beliefs and Bible doctrine. Now I could freaking care less about the Bible, and the JW's. I am free at last, free at last. The best part of all???? I am recently celebrating my FIRST CHRISTMAS with my wife, who I had a hell of time getting out of the borg. She sees it as BULLSHIT also. They only one still in is my mother, but half assed at best. Birthdays, Xmas, etc. are great, and even better with family and friends. I have successfully freed everyone in my family and extended family, except for one, but we are still working on that.

My view to life now? Eat, sleep, and be merry for tomorrow I may die. I don't know if god exists, surely not the way the Bible and religion speak of it, but my philosophy, is I don't go into gods house, and he doesn't come into mine.

For everyone still struggling to get out, make the leap, its the best thing you will ever do. For those that are scared of losing family, work on them until they see the light. Otherwise LIVE YOUR LIFE, for this indeed may be all the time we are given, use it wisely.

To everyone, have a Happy Christmas and New Year!!!

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask

Congratulations. How did you do it? (Get your family out, I mean).

• sinis
    sinis

Slowly fed them doubt. Used lots of tactics and or doctrine debates on this site. The biggest thing that helped me, was to show them that JW are not the happiest or friendliest people on earth. That went very far. The thing that really helped me with my wife while fading is I only would go to meetings once in a while, and always set up FUN activities that I knew she wanted to do during meeting times or nights. That eventually was the angle that took us both out. Here family assisted me as they were not very strong in, and were pissed at the borg, so they left with no qualms.

The best thing I remember was when my wife started going to the Spanish hall (I started smoking at the time), and the elders sat down with her after one meeting (unknown to me) and wanted to know what was going on in our life and particularly me. Seh explained that I don't believe anymore (apostate - love that term), smoked, etc. They actually were trying to convince her to divorce me as I was a spiritual detriment!!!! She did not feel comfortable with this, and I'm sure all of the things I told her about their underhanded dealings were going through her mind. She told them that she did not agree with their recommendation. They started bringing up about how to DF me. She was flabergasted and told them, what I had previously told her if that happened - I would sue the elders personally for libel/slander. She told them this and they backed off VERY fast. After that, she saw the writing on the wall and left. Its funny how everyone tells you that if you leave YHWH your marriage etc. will suck. Hahahah, no its actually better!!! Its also ironic that people tell you once you leave you will get divorced, turn into a druggy and whore, etc. The best part is we hear all the time through the grap vine of all the "brothers" and "sister" getting caught fucking someone else, or divorced, etc.

If this is what returning to the vomit is like, I should have done it sooner!!!!!!!

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask
    They actually were trying to convince her to divorce me as I was a spiritual detriment!!!!

Thank you for your generous response, sinis. It was only after a member of my wife's family, a very fine young man by most standards, was DF'ed that I began to see the danger of the WTS trying to convince my wife to leave me. If it could happen to him, it could happen to me. It frankly shook me out of my complacency. The young man in question was a born in, baptised as an adolescent, as was his bride. He was troubled by inconsistencies in WTS teachings and doctrines and convinced his wife to fade with him. The pressure to bring them back in was considerable and they agreed to give it a try. It was a terrible mistake. After a period of time he once again decided it wasn't for him, but his wife stayed behind this time and refused to join him. He handled neither the rejection nor the freedom well. He started to smoke tobacco (quit after a few months), had an affair (also quit after a few months), lost his wife, was DF'ed and now his family will have nothing to do with him. Another life wrecked by the WTS.

• sinis
    sinis

Yes, it is only now that I look back that I wonder why I stayed so long. However, I was born into it. My old man used to be the PO, I was an MS and fulltime Pionner, gave parts at ASSemblies, etc. I always felt like the third wheel in school, around "wordly" people, etc. Always stuck out like a sore thumb. I really started to question their doctrines, and decided that I needed to further my education, which I accomplished. I just do not understand how people can get sucked into this religion. It is hard to escape, but well worth it. The mind control is strong...

I would have to say that our marriage is doing better than when we were both Dubs. It was rocky when I started to fade, but I tried everything to make sure that it worked and was not contingent on a set of religious beliefs. I only wish we had bailed sooner. Its tough being married and a Dub...

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Sinis,

what's the deal with your avatar?

• sinis
    sinis

You like it don't you? Its the National German Police Flag during the Third Reich. Since we are living pretty much in the Fourth Reich, and our freedoms are going down the same road I find it amusingly apropos... its basically an amusing parody.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Anything to do with the Nazi regime gives me the chills but thanks for the explanation.

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Thanks sinis! Merry freakin Christmas and a Happy New Year! (sorry about the freakin...I watched the south park mr. hankey Christmas special last night-laughed my arse off)

I am glad you and most of your family are out and in a healthier place :)

• sinis
    sinis

Why does it give you the chills? Those who do not learn from history are destined to repeat it... and we seem to be repeating it. Plus the swastika is an old symbol that did not represent evil. Funny how things change... or stay the same.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit