New Light on conducting meetings for Field Service

by Mad Sweeney 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

I can confirm our CO told us we no longer should do daily texts, but it was not very clear, kinda mumbled so it didn't look like an official guideline when he said it.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Try as they might to extract more hours of service, the same number of dubbies will foot-drag, coffee-break and drag their way through field serve-us for as much, if not more time wasted, as ever.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

By the way, shepherd, I don't consider a thread that has been asleep for three days to be all that "Active" anymore. I clicked "Active Topics" and went back three or four pages and nothing was there about this. Perhaps I could have done a "Search" but I didn't. So there are now two threads on the same topic. It isn't like that hasn't happened before.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This accomplishes a few things. First, the witlesses are forced to get up earlier. Previously, one could be up at 8, fix breakfast, get dressed, and be at the Kingdumb Hell. One would then discuss the Daily Text, out of context and twisted to make it fit field circus, and still be at the Kingdumb Hell on time. Now, they have to get up at 7:30 or so to discuss the text on their own before getting ready. Take half an hour of sleep per day away from the witlesses, you have them more tired so they can't think. Of course, they don't allow the witlesses to go to bed half an hour earlier, especially on boasting session nights, to make up for this.

The other thing it does is getting the witlesses out in the territory earlier. When I was a witless, I never liked going out. I would hope it would waste 15 minutes discussing the Daily Waste of Time. Then, people would be logy and sluggish, and poke their way out into the territory. Now, they get in, arrange the groups and say the prayer waste of breath, and get out before they can settle down. So much for late time in the misery. And, that means more time to get to that dreaded call. This also makes those who have the habit of showing up 15 minutes late show up on time, because they no longer have the Daily Text to hold up the group. Which makes for one less thing to hold up the group.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Could somebody scan the January and February KMS? Thanks!

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

I knew since last year that the daily text was to be read at the meetings if it related to field service. About 20% of the texts REALLY related to the FS, the others not. And just half of these coincided with the days of our field-service meetings (wednesday, friday, saturday and sunday afternoon sometimes).

When a less qualified brother (or one who did not do his homework) had to lead the field service meeting (sometimes there was just one brother and some sisters) and had nothing to say at the meeting, he was supposed to just lead them in prayer and help make the pairs.

If the KM in 2011 february prohibits the reading of the daily text 100% at field-meetings, then this is indeed something new, but not necessarily a dramatic change, since the daily text - if used correctly - was supposed to be used just in one day out of ten, approximately.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Here's a link to a bunch of pubs including (supposedly) the OKM, but it's in a .pdb file for Palmpilots. Can anyone convert this?

http://www.dsincorporated.com/dsi/wt_pubs.htm

• sinis
    sinis

I wonder if this is a legal move. "Dissassociation" of being a representative of the WBTS, in the event you run over someone or get hurt right after while going into service. Now, without the daily text, they probably will discuss where to go, and you leave, which means it is voluntary. Thats my 2 cents...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit